• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Wednesday, September 05, 2007

    I'm sad.

    Do you remember a few months back when I asked for volunteers for Emma's sticker chain letter thingie? Well, as of now she's gotten one pack of stickers. (Actually that very generous sender gave her a few packs! But still one one person.) That makes me sad. I knew she wasn't likely to get all 36 because that'd mean that each of the six people I sent it to and their six would all have had to follow through, but to have only received from one makes me sad. Emma has no clue. She was just excited to get mail and to have it be stickers was a super bonus, but only one? I do hope that at least my six people sent the stickers to her little buddy Kullan, it'd make me sad if he didn't get a good number of stickers. Everyday she wants to play with stickers. She picks out her color of construction paper and then goes sticker crazy. She could easily go through 100 stickers in a day. We went to the doctor yesterday for her cough and I brought stickers for the wait. She gave the completed artwork to her Dr. B. and he put them on the bulletin board. On the way out she had to show two of the nurses. My little sticker princess. Oh well, I know my mom has a bunch for her soon and I just ordered a ton from Oriental Trading too, so we'll be good... for about a week. I just wish other could have sent her more, it'd have been cool to see what other people sent. (Since mommy on occasion ends up cover by stickers variety is always nice.)

    Okay, let's get to those freebies!
    Tracy K. has some ribbon flowers on her blog. (Scroll down for yesterday's notepapers.)
    Lindsay Jane has a lovely Pretty Blue paper pack.
    Andrea has a free template on her blog.
    Shannon has this month's 2Peas kit Back 2 School for you.
    Tracy has a neat-o template up for grabs.
    lsmdigitalworks has a Classic Colors-1 mini kit for you.
    NBK has part 6 of The Leaf up.
    Derek has an add-on paper pack for his super cool kit Googleye!
    Angela has part 1 of 3 of her new kit. (I don't see a name but I'd say Fairytale or Frog Prince)
    Lorri has a template on her blog.
    Kaye has her Iddy Biddy set 2 up for grabs.
    Pillowgirl has a bedtime mini kit.
    Liz has a pretty QP from her new kit Shmashed.
    Theresa has a lovely template on their blog.
    Kara has a neat black bead alpha.
    Kalanice has a grab bag to go with her CT call on her blog.
    Mrs. Wresh has yet another great template for you!
    As always share the love when you freebie snag!

    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "I'm sad."

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 PM, September 05, 2007) : 

    I hate to hear about the sticker chain. My daughter loves stickers as well so I know the demand for them. Even though I wasn't involved in this I would like to send Emma some stickers. If that is okay with you just email your address to me at someones_countrygirl@yahoo.com

     

    Blogger katg1006 said ... (6:35 PM, September 05, 2007) : 

    Hey Amy...Nick loves stickers too...sorry I missed your original post. Send me your addy to kgiuliano AT verizon DOT net and Nick will pick out some pretty ones for her ;-) He loves sending mail :-)

     

    Blogger SAHM said ... (6:41 PM, September 05, 2007) : 

    Sorry about the sticker chain. Know how that goes. I know some people who have luck and others who don't. I don't have any fun stickers ... at least I don't think I do. Let me check - and if so, I'll zip you an email. D

     

    Blogger nnylfs said ... (6:58 PM, September 05, 2007) : 

    Amy, same thing happened to my dgd a few years back - i ended up buying stickers and mailing them to her - email me at nnylfs@hotmail.com and i'll gladly send some to her - also, if you let me know what she likes (animals, pixies, etc) - it's the least i can do for all the sweet things you do for us on here -
    ~ sharon

     

    Blogger scrapnjan said ... (8:23 PM, September 05, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy, I have stickers left over from my paper scrapping days. I'd love to send them to Emma. I know how much kids love to get mail, especially with little goodies inside. Email me at scrapnjan89@yahoo.com if you want and I'll send them to her.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 PM, September 05, 2007) : 

    Thanks for the daily freebie hunting list.

     

    Blogger Pillowgirl said ... (11:10 PM, September 05, 2007) : 

    Amy, send me an email with where to send a care package of stickers and such, I musta missed the original post. I have a few (dozen lol) left over from my paper scrap projects and would gladly give them to a new home...

    pillowgirlmk at comcast.net

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM, September 07, 2007) : 

    Hi Thank you for a great list and also thank you for adding me to.You are so much appreciated .Thank you hugs Lorri

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM, September 07, 2007) : 

    we tried the sticker chain, too. My son got NOTHING back!!! We did our part, sent the 6 letters and pack of stickers - but no response. It is very sad - especially when they're so looking forward to it. :( Sorry to hear you had a similar experience. Thanks for the list. :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM, May 28, 2008) : 

    Send it to me. I'll pass it along. We'll be sure you get stickers. Email it to me at licoons@yahoo.com

     

    post a comment