• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Wednesday, November 21, 2007

    Hooray for turkey!

    Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here. That means today is prep day. Bake the pies, double check the shopping list is done, peel the potatoes and stick them in cold water, break out the good dishes and wash them, hunt down the linen tablecloth and napkins, make the centerpiece for the table, search thru the Black Friday ads and devise a plan of attack. Busy day. Will all of that get done? probably not but it's good to have a list.

    We have so much to be thankful for this year our friends and family, found a church I love, my little monkey of a daughter, my darling hubby, yummy desserts and of course scrapbooking! Now then if you post a comment on my blog here telling me what you're thankful for this year I will be doing a random drawing to give you a special surprise. (I'll let Emma draw the number.) So let's share! You don't have to live in the US to take a moment and share what you're thankful for just tell us. Could be that awesome pair of shoes you found on sale, chocolate (always thankful for that one), or something special that happened this past year.

    My Dadoo took this darling photo of Emma unwrapping her presents. I just love the look on her face as she hands hubby her ripped wrapping papper. Too Cute! This QP was made by one of my fabulous CTM and if I ever get them all packaged up together the set will be in the shop. (I'm such a slacker.)
    Credits:
    Emma QP by my CTM melissa
    alphas, brown tag and button from the Emma kit
    fonts- Kidprint and Avant Garde


    Did I tell you that Emma and I finally went to the doctor? Well it turns out this pesky cough is bronchitis for me and Emma, the poor love, also has fluid in her lungs and so she was upgraded to walking pneumonia. Yes, what a fun bunch we are here. We're both on meds now and coughing less so that's good. But if the blacksmith would come by and remove the anvil off my chest that'd be just lovely. And now hubby is coughing. (My parents should make a run for it before it's too late.)

    Now then, here is the next part in the Emma kit- part 9. I love the flower frame in this one. I had originally made the journaling flower that was in part 5 but I thought to myself, "Self, that'd look really cool as a frame also." So I tool out the paper and you get this neat-o frame. Anywho, here's another massively pink installment but for our twist we paired it with brown. unusual combo but it seems to work.
    Sorry, this is no longer available.

    As I'm sure you now know, I have parts 1-7 of the Emma kit in the DBD shop if you missed them, and I'll be added part 8 sometime today... I think. (With the holiday I don't know how much the boss lady will get put into the shop.)

    *If you get the chance make sure you stop by on Friday! Not only will I be announcing the winner of my Thankful blog mini contest and handing out part 10 of the Emma kit but I'll have the details for the DBD Black Friday sale! Yea!

    ** As usual I'll try to come back during nap time to post freebies but I may be baking a few pies, so we'll have to see.

    Happy Scrapping y'all & post what you're thankful for!!!!!!

    Comments on "Hooray for turkey!"

     

    Blogger Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said ... (8:46 AM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I have my health, my son's & their girlfriends, my family, roof over my head, food in my belly, cloths on my back, my friends on the internet, God & my Hubby watching over us, my spoiled Pom Foxy & of course a HUGE PRAYER FOR ALL OVERSEA'S TO KEEP THEM SAFE & SOUND!!!!!!!!
    Almost forgot you for giving us your FAB freebies & your list!!!!!!
    TY so very much for todays part of EMMA!!!!!
    Have a SAFE & HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much, love the kit

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 AM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I am thankful for my family, of course - my son & daughter's love of music - my other daughter's passion and talent for gymnastics - my 3 year old's ability to make me laugh and his love of snuggling - my husband's desire to take such good care of me. Last but not least, I'm thankful for all of the digi designers that give away freebies and make it possible for me to scrap my heart out!

     

    Blogger Michelle said ... (9:28 AM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I am grateful for my family and friends. And I'm grateful for all of the wonderful designers who give so generously everyday with very little gratitude in return.
    Thank you very much for part 9 of this wonderful kit!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM, November 21, 2007) : 

    What a good question! I am thankful for the times when my kids have laughed, and the times that have fought but have quickly forgiven each other. I am thankful for the terific family and friends we have - so, so very blessed. Thanks for asking the question, Amy, and for the latest gift.

     

    Blogger SAHM said ... (10:52 AM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Great photo of Emma - and have a great time doing the "prep" work.

    Thankful for health, house, family, and the ability to find humour in situations.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I hope you and your sweet girl feel much better really soon. I am thankful most of all for Jesus and His saving grace. I am also thankful for my family.

     

    Blogger Cheryl said ... (11:23 AM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I am thankful for: my Savior, my family and my church. My life is filled with so many blessings that I can't name them all. Today, I am particularly grateful for my sister being back home and close to me so I can see her whenever I want, for my mother and her creativity that she passed along in some measure to me, for my father for his longsuffering kindnesses, for my aunt's huge heart that loves me as her own, for my mother-in-law's acceptance of me no matter what, for my daughter's sweet personality, for my son's loving nature . . . I really need to start a gratitude journal (I have one, just haven't USED it) because I'm feeling really happy all of a sudden. Thanks for making me take a few minutes to think about this today. And thank you - AGAIN - for this lovely kit. I am such a blog stalker over it. Happy Thanksgiving! And lots of prayers for the health and well-being of you and your family!

     

    Blogger zadoptionstories said ... (12:21 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I'm thankful for so many things. My dh, my sons, Nathanael and Lucas, my family, my life, and my health. I'm thankful for all the people I have met and been inspired from through adoption and my new hobby, digital scrapbooking.

    I'm thankful for your blog and all the wisdom you share with us not to mention your work. Thanks Amy!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I am thankful for..

    My family. Having them, I´m thankful for them even with their problems, because I think that at least most of the time we are happy. I am thankful for the lovely time I had in Peru and I´m thankful that the place we're moving now is the US and not some weird, Caribbean one or whatever. I'm thankful for the friends we've made and the lovely, lovely people we've met. I'm thankful for being led closer to God by Him.

    I'm thankful for my health, thankful for the financial well-being my family has. I am thankful for my own talents. I am thankful for nature and music and sunny warm days, I'm thankful for smiles and friendship and for all the people around the Internet who generously give Scrapping freebies away.

    Thank you, Amy, you've really made me think!

     

    Blogger KrisG said ... (1:13 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    First I want to thank YOU for this gorgeous kit. I come back daily to see if you have something new to say or post. You're one of my happy moments in the day.

    Second... this one is hard... what I'm thankful for. I have to say I'm thankful for my youngest granddaughter. She was born on the 4th of July in 2005, four-and-a-half months premature. She was in the hospital until she was a little over one year due to undeveloped lungs. It's hard to see a baby hooked up to so many machines. She had no eyelids, you could see through her skin... scary stuff. Needless to say, her brain hasn't developed correctly so she JUST started to walk. Today, and everyday, I'm thankful for all the doctors, nurses, volunteers, and friends that have worked with Julie to allow her to live.

    Today at 2-1/2 years old, Julie still can't breath correctly, hooked up to oxygen, and she is fed through a tube because she hasn't developed the swallowing reflex yet. BUT she has brought sooooo much inspiration to all of my family. She is strong, loves unconditionally, and learns new things every day. My family used to be "broken" but she has brought us all together like nobody else ever could.

    Stepping down now. "Nuf said. Thank you again.

    Hugz, KrisG

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:48 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I am thankful for the kindness of others, for without it I dont know how we would get through some days.

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (1:50 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Super cute layout of Emma and love part 9...thank you very much! Hope you are able to get all your prep stuff done and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!
    Hugs and enjoy!
    Michaele

     

    Blogger Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said ... (2:13 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I'm thankful for the normal things - a hard working husband, two beautiful and delightful daughters, all the material possesions we should ever need - but what I am most thankful for is that my antidepressents finally seem to be working and I'm doing things again that I used to love - like scrapbooking, but this time I found digital scrapping and I love it even more. Thanks for the wonderful Emma kit.

     

    Blogger KendiRN said ... (3:20 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Hmmmmmm, so much to be thankful for ...
    my health, my loving hubby, two decent teenage children, loving and supportive parents, a terrific 86 y/o Grandmama, my canine clan (7shih tzus and currently 7 foster pit bull puppies), the list could go on forever but that hits the most important ones. I hope everyone has a blessed holiday!
    Hugz!
    Kendi

     

    Blogger Cher said ... (3:44 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy~
    I am thankful for all of the following:
    Having lupus and fibro etc since 1992, it has not attacked my organs, only connective tissue and bones - I am so happy I only lost a toe and the side of my other foot - but they were able to keep the bone in - and my foot part grew back - but - nope - have 9 piggy toes - and was going to lose my feet - or worse - am grateful my home was ransacked while in hosp., cuz it was what made me move to Austin - where I have a wonderul man - he takes care of me - I am so very grateful - and he is handsome as can be - I am so happy - an electric scooter is being delivered today - I will no longer be homebound (bones in spine are collapsing under each other -- horrid pain - and have neuropaathy like diabetics have - in arms and legs - I am so glad I am not diabetic) - I live for food and consider myself an expert! I am grateful for everything I have - because the things lost - pictures, family heirlooms, even my clothes! They took all my crafting goods - even papers - thousands of dollars (paper crafts are my life - besides cooking & baking!)- and more than that in holday decorations and antiques - so now I treasure every little thing I have - some people - alot of people - after Katrina and other horrible disasters have no where to go - I am safe and sound in a gorgeous city =-0), slowly getting gently used furnishings from very kind people. My Docs are controlling my pain fairly well - I am so grateful for insurance that pays for all my needs - and adore my Docs - what more coulld a person want?! I will survive, rebuild and on the light side - learn PSP - and make layouts - and make my DD proud - and in the end - what I truly am grateful for is family - and others I have met all over the world that have helped me - who have such warm, giving hearts - thank you - everyone! I even received an expensive goodie package all the way from England! Have a blessed Thanksgiving - and we are - truly blessed! Cher aka Leslie's Udder Mudder, cmoynihan001@austin.rr.com

     

    Blogger Suzette said ... (3:49 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much for this (and all the parts) of this delightful kit. You're so sweet to share your talent with us.

    As for what I'm thankful for this year: not having to cook since I'm sick like you are, finding a church where I finally feel comfortable and having my son do so well in a mainstream classroom despite his Autism are all high on my list.

     

    Blogger Robin L said ... (5:26 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I hope your little one feels better really soon, poor baby!
    Im thankful for all the loved ones in my life, both hubby and I working, my son not being over seas, finding great people who share their talent with everyone and the good health of all my loved ones.
    Thanks again for the great shares.

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (5:35 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I hope you Gurls are taking good care of yourselves. I've got you in my prayers.

    Ohhh I love Emma's cake, wish I could have a piece... And doesn't she look so grown up in that snap?

    I'm going to work on that little project we spoke about this evening.

    ttyl
    hugs,
    Barb

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Thank you for giving away this awesome kit. Hope you and Emma get better soon.

    I am thankful for having such a wonderful hubby and my 2 lil girls.
    I am thankful for finding digital scrapbooking as a new hobby.
    Thankful for many wonderful designers who give away freebies.

    Happy Thanksgiving,Amy.


    Camelia

     

    Blogger missliss5/Melissa said ... (8:04 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I love reading your blog (and the freebies---thank you!) because you write like I do. What I mean is you write like I imagine you talk. Things like 'so I said, "Self...". It is fun to read what you write because I can imagine you SAYING it out loud.

    I especially enjoyed today's entry because I just wrote pretty much a ditto entry on my blog! And tomorrow I'll totally be spreading out the flyers to figure out what sales I've GOT to catch at the insane hour in the morning that they start.

    I am grateful today that the 7 of the 9 pies/desserts that I made for tomorrow did not get overcooked - LOL!

     

    Blogger Dracowin said ... (8:15 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I'm thankful for my friends and family and for all they have done for me through some very difficult years. I'm grateful for my cats and their companionship and entertainment. I'm thankful for my job and the ability to pay at least a good portion of my bills. I'm thankful for being able to live where I want to live and where I feel most at peace.
    I'm also very thankful for you and all the other designers who share such lovely goodies so I can have new things to scrap with even at the times when I can't afford to shop.
    That flower frame is really cute!

     

    Blogger Theresa said ... (9:18 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Wow, thank you for today's freebie part of Emma's kit.

    I am thankful for God's love, my husband and the amazing friends who have stood beside everything I have gone through this past year.

    I am thankful for my freedom, the amazing 'connectivness" of the internet that allows me to connect with loved ones near and far!

     

    Blogger Sylvia said ... (10:31 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I am thankful for my family and friends, my health. I am thankful for my darling daughter and my wonderful husband who did not have to deploy to Iraq this time around. I am also thankful that the Good Lord gave me digi scrapping. Amen!

    Thanks,
    Sylvia

     

    Blogger Tricia said ... (11:18 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much for all your generosity and all your freebies which I am definitely thankful for! lol

    I am thankful for having good health and I am also thankful for being blessed with my first granddaughter this year and for two wonderful grandsons. And last but not least, I am so thankful for my wonderful, loving husband who is the best father and grandfather on Earth!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 PM, November 21, 2007) : 

    I am very thankful that we have all we need. I am grateful for my family, who I love more than I can say. I'm hoping this Holiday season will soften my estranged daughter's heart and I will see my sweet granddaughters again, and the grandsons I've never seen. I'm grateful for the freedoms we have! I've grateful for finding digital scrapbooking and the friends I've made! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 AM, November 22, 2007) : 

    I am thankful for having a very dear friend!
    Nikki

     

    Blogger Inma said ... (5:34 AM, November 22, 2007) : 

    Sorry that your cold has turned out to be a bronchitis for you and Emma and have to spend Thanksgiving sick. At least for the way you are describing it it looks like you're going to have a nice time not only in Thanksgiving but also during the sales afterwards. :)

    I hope you have a great time with your family celebrating the day.:)

    Thanks so much for the new part of this kit and Happy Thanksgiving!!!.

    Best wishes. :O)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 AM, November 22, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much for this wonderful Emma kit and i wish you and your Family a happy Thanks Giving day hugs Lorri

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:02 PM, November 22, 2007) : 

    Hope the two of you are all better soon.

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    Thanks for the gift!

     

    post a comment