• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Wednesday, February 02, 2011

    Getting Crafty for Valentines

    Well, I joined in on the Iron Craft this week! Don't know what it is? It's a weekly craft challenge that is full of fun and inspiration!

    This week, #5, the challenge was "Be Mine" to make a Valentine. So I headed to the Dollar Tree and Target Dollar Spot to get some supplies. I ended up finding some cute small mailboxes at Target and I used one of those for this craft. I then decoupaged some newspaper strips and shapes on. Did some painting with acrylic & nail polish (for a translucent effect). Finally I printed out some words on the computer and decoupaged them on as well. I think I need to still add some embellishments but I'm happy with how it turned out.



    See that side below the bubble wand needs something and I think I need to add a 3-d key onto the end.


    Next, here are Emma's nails that we painted for valentine's day. I snapped this shot on my phone this morning so the detail isn't the best. But we did a layer of red, a layer of iridecent sparkles and the white hearts. Too cute!


    I've bought all my supplies for making the candy cane heart pops next week, but I was unable to find a cheap supply of the 6 in rulers so we've switched Emma's Valentines to these cute and affodable bubbles by Care at Dollar Store Crafts.
    What are you making for Valentines Day?
    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "Getting Crafty for Valentines"

     

    post a comment