• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Saturday, December 08, 2007

    Sorry for the delay

    I seem to say that a lot lately, oh well. I had every intention of returning yesterday but I got tangled up and upset so I didn't want to be on the computer anymore. It's now official, I've been pirated. I'm not going to tell you who or where but someone had uploaded my Emma kit parts to a different 4share account. They were still handing them out for free when you all know I've since transfered them to the shop. Makes me sad. I probably wouldn't have been upset if it had just been one of the freebies I've taken down due to lack of space on my 4 share account, but these were limited time freebies that I'm now selling. Either way it's wrong and illegal, but I was just so sad and frustrated over it. A lot of designers have stopped giving out freebies because of people doing this to them, I'm not going to stop over one but I can now see why they would if it happened repeatedly. People work hard on their templates and kits, then are nice enough to share them for free. And rather than be appreciative and say thank you, they grab and dash. Or is a few cases upload them to their accounts and either claim them as their own or pass them out in such a manner that the original designer never gets any credit or money for them. There were several other designers on this one person's account and it makes me very sad that so many people were taken advantage of and hurt by one individual. Well hopefully it will be rectified soon. Just wanted to let why I wasn't back yesterday, had to take a designing time-out.

    Here are some new Emma photos for you all to ooh and awe over:
    Here's Emma hanging (Or in her case rehanging) ornaments on the tree.

    Emma playing with playdoh.You never knew Jello was so dangerous did you?

    Waiting for the carriage ride last night.
    On the ride.Petting Molly after the ride.
    Here is the Emster with Santa. Much better than last year right?
    And here's a LO I made using yesterday's template.
    Big props to Manu for all her cool stuff I used making it!
    It's my mom, dadoo and brother back in the day at my godmother's family cabin. My sis and I are up the hill but I cropped us out.
    Credits:
    Papers- Gone Wild by Manu-Scraps (DigiByDesign and DigiScrapShak)
    Glitter 1, Jelly and Silver Styles by Manu-Scraps (DigiScrapShak)
    Fonts- December Ice, Avant Garde, Blackjack and Mascara


    Here's your weekend freebie list:
    Linda has some Holiday Sparkle for you.
    Princess Pam has an adorable Christmas Bragbook QP up.
    Becki has a Merry Christmas element pack on her blog..
    ScrappinDelights has a set of 4x6 Christmas cards up for grabs.
    Xashee has her set of Gift Wrapped for you.
    Tracy has a set of Mesh Overlays.
    Fantacy has a couple of 12x12 Qps and one 4x6 QP for you.
    Joanna has a pretty Evergreen Bough element up.
    Melanie has some more great Christmas word arts up on her blog.
    Ksharonk has a lovely add-on for her new kit Xmas Brites!
    Jessica has a neat hybrid 2008 calendar for you!
    Andrea has another cool hybrid project for you.
    It's a x-mas card that turns into and ornament!!!
    Amy Cheese has brought back her super cool X-mas element pack Grinchy!
    Cinzia has a Holiday Magic add-on up for grabs.
    Kim B. has the extras from her Dec color challenge for you.
    NBK has more Xmas Time up.
    Candee has part 1 of her Chanukah Joys kit for you.
    Valinda has a new Christmas QP on her blog.
    Herald has Day 8 of her 12 Days of Christmas up.
    Janna has an adorable 4x6 bragbook Santa QP!!!
    Derek has the elements of his Grandfather's Clock kit up.
    Jeanette has a Joyful Alpha for you.
    Val has 14 sketch/templates on her blog.
    Misschifis has a couple of cool Christmas Clusters up for grabs.
    Please remember to leave some love and follow people's TOU.

    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "Sorry for the delay"

     

    Blogger Grace said ... (12:02 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    I'm so sorry that happened to you! It's awful what some people will do. There are so many more people who appreciate what you do and love your work--me included! I hope that today is better for you!

     

    Blogger KrisG said ... (12:56 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    Sorry to hear what happened to you! I can understand your being mad... I would be too. I hope you can stop whoever did that to you... uploading your hard work! But you can believe that there are sooooo many more of us out here that come to just appreciate your talent. Thank you for all you share and I hope one idiot doesn't ruin it all. Your creations are gorgeous!
    OH YEAH, your Emma is a doll. Thanks for sharing... gotta love the jello pics, with safety glasses, LOL.
    Hugz, KrisG

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (1:42 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    sorry to hear that someone upload your stuff and was giving it away.
    I appreciate all your hard work and all the freebies you give out. Love your layout.
    I am glad you didn't call it quits because someone did this to you.
    I love your stuff

     

    Blogger Stephanie said ... (2:21 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    I am so sorry that someone has taken advantage of all of your hardwork and generosity. I have just started to go digital with my scrapbooking and your "freebies" and kits have helped me in doing so. I have have purchased stuff from your store which I love. I try to leave "some love" in the comments, but there have been a few times that I did not. I apologize and will do so in the future. You are very creative and are amazing with what you do. You really help people like me who have a hard time being that creative.

    Thanks again,

    Stephanie R.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    I am so sorry to hear you were pirated! That was a common, low-down thing for anyone to do.

    But - thank you for sharing the Emma pix... adorable!

     

    Blogger Nicole said ... (5:07 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    Great pictures!

    And...I'm so sorry that someone did that to you...

    I really love your designs and appreciate it so much that you share them with us.

    A (long) time ago I downloaded a template freebie, which I used today for a christmas LO. If you want to see what I did with it, take a look at my blog (www.nikkiescrap.blogspot.com)

    I want to thank you for sharing this template with me!!! It's really great!

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (5:48 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    Yes, this totally sucks that folks have to 'steal' whats already free. Don't lose heart, my friend. I will not give up either. God Bless the person who actually alerted you - that took guts. I love your layout. I wish you had not cropped yourself out. Miss Emma can come to my house - the tree is up but not decorated yet..

    love ya
    Barb


    PS - for anyone else who reads Amy's comments - It sooooo saddens me to see my dear friend Amy get wounded in this way. I've personally chatted with her daily and KNOW the hard work and time she puts out to bring free stuff to the world. If you know of someone who's pirating, why not be brave enough to tell us about it - do the right thing. We all want to continue to bring you 'goodies' but if you insist on stealing them, perhaps we WILL have to lock them all up?

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    It truly saddens me to know that someone felt the need to steal from you...and what is even worse, it was free, to everyone in the first place. Amy, please know how much I appreciate your designs...especially your Emma kit. My 2 yr old niece, who's name was Emma, passed away this summer and I have used ypur kit to scrap a few pages of her. I found this very helpful in the healing process and even more so using a beautiful kit with such a special name. May God bless you and please continue to design your beautiful kits!

     

    Blogger Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said ... (7:09 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    Amy I'm so sorry to hear this after all the time & work you all put into all your wonderful creations that people have to just be so dishonest!!!!
    HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

    Blogger Jan said ... (10:18 PM, December 08, 2007) : 

    Amy, I am so sorry someone has
    done this to you. It makes me so
    mad. We had someone do that last year with our whole mega kit. Not nice!
    Hope you find out who did it.
    Thank you so very much for the kits
    you share with us. You are a fabulous
    designer. Hugs.

     

    Blogger Sandy Koch said ... (12:51 AM, December 09, 2007) : 

    Amy, I'm sorry that someone has such lack of respect for you, and what you do. I hope you can find out who did it, and there can be some consequences for them! Thanks for all you do!

     

    Blogger patchas said ... (1:21 PM, December 09, 2007) : 

    How horriblle to hear you were pirated. I hope you have some recourse. I am glad you are not going to let one evil person taint your generosity and kindness. Happy Holidays and thank you so much for all you share.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM, December 11, 2007) : 

    When I hear stuff like this and some of the ungrateful remarks addressed to some of the big holiday freebie providers I tell my husband I feel like just scrapping with what I have and not even going to look on the web because of the anger and rudeness... and theft. But there are really nice, talented and generous people out on the web and we do appreciate you and people like you. - Lori

     

    post a comment