• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Thursday, October 04, 2007

    Update on my friend

    Hi everyone and thank you for the thoughts and prayers. Katie is now awake but is paralyzed on her left side. They won't know the extent of the damage done until another day or so when the swelling has gone down. They're moving her to a hospital with a neurology unit in case she needs surgery. I would be appreciative if you'd keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers as she still has a long road to travel.


    I've known Katie since I was 5 and she's wonderful! A school teacher, loving mother, friend and wife. My heart goes out to her and her family. It scares me so much that this could happen since she's my age- 28. It just shows you how fragile life is and how you need to make every moment count.

    Hugs,
    -Amy

    Comments on "Update on my friend"

     

    Blogger Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said ... (3:58 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Will put her & the family in my prayers!!!!!
    And a BIG HUG for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

    Blogger Gail said ... (4:42 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much for the update on Katie! We'll keep her and her family in our hearts and prayers!

     

    Blogger Cher said ... (4:49 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Oh, Amy!
    That poor, dear young woman!
    Of course we are praying - don't know a human that cannot - wether conciously or subconciously..we all have a sense of life is short - even tho' many of us forget alot!
    Katie - things are looking up for her -but, yes - it is udually a slow road - but some of us fierce ones hel fast! And then, look out - she will see the world entirely differently - and you two will have lots to carch up on - <:}
    Sometimes I like to visualize holding the person's hand - try it if you think of it - am sending my love, hugs and prayers you and Miss Katie's way - feel so bad for her students, let alone her family - and friends like YOU!
    Cher
    Leslie Hasenkamp's Mudder
    Austin, TX
    chermoynihan@adelphia.net

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (5:06 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

     

    Blogger katg1006 said ... (5:23 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Oh Amy!! I just read this!! Of course I will keep your friend in my prayers ((((hugs)))) How are you holding up?

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (6:32 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Stop at my blog...I nominated you for the creative blog award...Go pick it up...
    http://acorn-designs.blogspot.com/

     

    Blogger Sonia said ... (7:25 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Oh Amy Hugs that is just horrible to read and I will certain say a pray for Katie and her family and I hope the news is better over the next couple of days.

    Hugs Sonia

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Prayers and warm thoughts your way and Katie's. Wow...

     

    Blogger Urban Dragon Digital Art by Tracy King said ... (10:37 PM, October 04, 2007) : 

    Oh Amy!!! My heart goes out to you and to Katie and her family. I can't believe this could happen to someone so young!!! I will keep her in my prayers.

     

    Blogger xashee's corner said ... (12:51 AM, October 05, 2007) : 

    My prayers are with Katie and her family too! Be strong for her :) hugs!

     

    Blogger Inma said ... (9:45 AM, October 05, 2007) : 

    So sorry to hear about your friend, :( I hope she recovers, it's terrible when something like this happens but it's shocking when this happens to someone so young and so healthy looking.:( Best wishes to your friend and best of luck to her too.

    And best wishes to you too. :O)

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (10:38 PM, October 05, 2007) : 

    Lots of prayers going out to Katie! I am so sorry to hear this and hope she is able to recover fully from this! Wow, only 28 - that is so scary! Hugs to you and keep us posted! Your get well layout of her is beautiful! :)
    Michaele

     

    post a comment