• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Saturday, February 09, 2008

    Weekend list

    Sorry it's taken me so long to get back here but we've had a busy couple of days and they've been gorgeous! Emma and I have spent several hours both days just playing out in the yard. There's all kinds of nice chalk drawings on our driveway too! We also went to a Valentine's Day party and to the park with Kullan and Eva. Here are my 2 favorite photos from the day.

    As you can see the sun was setting, so lighting wasn't the best. I used Nichole Van's actions on the photos to help them look their best. (In both above I used Lighten Color Balance and Outdoor Color Pop, from her Essential Pop collection.) I love her stuff now I just need to save up for her B&W set and her Vintage set.

    Okay, let's find some goodies:
    Ksharonk has a PE Valentine mini.
    Princess Pam has all the "B" stuff up and the Jump patterned papers for her ABC kit! (Pam you rock!) Make sure you scroll down because there's lots there!
    Andrea has a neat-o template on her blog.
    Traci Sims has a wonderful valentine mini kit up for grabs.
    NBK has Fresh Green Grass papers up.
    Linda has a Floral Frenzy sampler for you.
    Valinda has a funky blue floral QP on her blog.
    Nina has a kick-butt template for you! (She also has a Valentine's day goodie bag for you! HERE)
    MyDigiCorner made a neat set of Christian religious elements just in time for lent!
    Babs has a Flowers paper pack.
    Minna has a sampler of her Sophisticated Blues kit up.
    Franziska's blog is a great place to start in grabbing th Love Actually collab kit.
    (Looks like 11 parts total and they're all fabulous!)
    Andrea has a fabulous word art for you.
    DigiScrap.ch has a set of 10 cool round paper templates. (Kind-of like doilies.)
    Derek has his Vintage Valentine kit up for grabs.
    Aaron has a QP on his blog.
    Mrs. Miles has some neat-o Moon and Stars elements- she's so cool!
    Flow has a ton of great freebies! (Scroll down, way down, for her killer wings collection)
    Michaele has a template up for grabs.
    Remember to leave some love when you grab freebies!

    *A quick note on leaving some love here people. On average designers who give away freebies get about a combined 10% thank you rate between comments on their blog and 4share (or other uploading site.) That's not even the standard for tipping of 15%. Can I say how cheap it is of us digi-scrappers that we can't even be bothered to say thank you to these hard working individuals for their gifts to us. I mean it is a gift, it's FREE!!! How hard is even a simple TFS (Thanks For Sharing)? Three simple letters that could mean the world to them. So can we pretty please try just a touch harder on this.
    -okay, I'm done venting now.
    (The worst part is this wasn't even brought on by my own freebies but because during my hunt I just kept seeing this over and over again. One was DL over 1000 times with less that 100 thanks yous. Harsh people, and very cold.)

    Not a freebie but Badcandy has a great "conversation heart" alpha and sayings set. (She also has freebies HERE.)

    And scroll down for my Friday freebie Touch of Love mini kit.

    Happy Scraping!

    Comments on "Weekend list"

     

    Blogger nancypinct said ... (3:47 AM, February 10, 2008) : 

    Thank you Amy for showing me the way to wonderful freebies! I really appreciate it!

     

    Blogger Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said ... (4:35 AM, February 10, 2008) : 

    Oh Amy, Amy, Amy!!! WOW, WOW and WOW!!! I have not been able to stop by your FANTABULOUS blog in FOREVER and had to stop by while I am waiting for files to upload!!!

    One of my blog visitors came via your blog, so I just had to come and say, "THANK YOU" for listing me!

    GORGEOUS photos and those filters are SUPERB - gonna have to check those out when I have a little extra money to spend - LOL!!!

    Amy, YOUR designs are SO beautiful!!! I am just LOVING those SOFT colors and THOSE jewels!!! WOO HOO!

    The "sampler" of mine that you have listed (Bon Scrapatit Designs) was just a taste of what was to come and the ENTIRE scrapkit is NOW available on my blog for FREE as a "thank you" to all of our scrap blogging friends until MIDNIGHT Sunday EST, after which time, into my store it goes! (I may just have to leave it up for an extra day since I'm a bit behind schedule ... he, he ...)

    Thank you SOOOOOO very much for ALL that you do Ms. Amy!!! I don't know how you do it all and design too! I guess I am just going to have to admit that I am, indeed, getting older!!! ROFL!

    Have a SUPER Sunday!

    BIG HUGS,
    Linda (Bon Scrapatit Designs)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM, February 10, 2008) : 

    Please add my blog to your freebie list. http://sonyasstudio1.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (11:31 AM, February 10, 2008) : 

    Awww Amers, you make me BLUSH girl. I have missed you the past two days, but will be full-on for Monday if you are hanging about. It looks like you and Emma had some good 'family time' & built some memories. Thank you for still taking the time to take care of us too. I appreciate you. And what you do too, but mostly, I think you are a 'gem' of a person and friend. Thanks for making me smile today.

    Blessings,
    Barb

     

    Blogger Sonya's Studio said ... (12:15 PM, February 10, 2008) : 

    Regarding your vent on comments, I'm still new at making kits and have seen TFS on my comments and wondered what it meant. Thanks for spelling it out for me! :)

     

    Blogger IkeaGoddess said ... (1:57 PM, February 10, 2008) : 

    Awww, Emma is so cute. She looks very happy playing outside. I think the photos you too are great, I love all the bright colors.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM, February 10, 2008) : 

    Thanks Amy - you are a doll! And so is Emma! I just bought all of Nicole's actions too but haven't had too much time to play around with them. I have used the colour pop one a few times and the chocolate b&w but have yet to use the vintage and the urban actions. Maybe tonight....

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM, February 11, 2008) : 

    Love the swing picture. She is so cute. Thanks for gathering up the freebie list for us.

     

    post a comment