• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Wednesday, February 27, 2008

    We're all sick...again.

    Our family is a bunch of sick-os again. We've all got colds and are a sorry lot. I'm still studying for this weekend, yesterday I did some English review then tackled polynomials. (They don't like me either but not as badly as parabolas.) Of course my math genius Dadoo is all like, "What's not to get?" You know how in school it always seemed people envied the jocks? Well in my family everyone was an outstanding student and I was the athletic one, so I always envied the nerds. I just became their friend and it all worked out in the end. But growing up at my house was hard as far as school went. My mom is a biology teacher, my dadoo and brother are fabulous at math and sciences and my sister is a history buff. (Daddoo too , to a certain extent.) I seriously think my sister should go back to school and get a history degree with a concentration in fashion, then become like a movie wardrobe consultant or work in a vintage clothing store. She'd really do good at that. So while I was good in school, they were always better. (But at least I had help when I needed it and that was nice too.)

    And speaking of family I want to wish my big bro a super-de-duper Happy Birthday! Love you lots B.!

    @Bean Sprout- email me and I'll send you the link since you were interrested!

    So let's go find you some freebies.
    Lisa has a very sparkly Sweet Dreams kit.
    Marianne has a Rustic kit that's up for grabs.
    Daring Spirit has a nice set of Grungy Papers up.
    Lencula has a great set of string swirls ready for you to color!
    NBK has added a bunch to her Vintage kit! (Papers, alpha, tags and more- just scroll down.)
    Gunhild has a bunch of cool cluster frames for you.
    Mrs. Miles made a lovely set of overlays for the child she sponsors.
    Shaui has a pair of Love Whales for you.
    E-Lena has a set of 2008 calendars and if you go down a wonderful set of flowers!
    Princess Pam has added more wonderful ABC kit goodies to her blog.
    Scarlet Heels has a neat set of date brushes with bonus labels. ('Nother cool set of labels HERE.)
    Remember to leave these people some well deserved love!

    * I have no clue if I'll have a Friday Freebie or not this week. I need to get my studying done first, but we'll see. (My first test this weekend is on Friday too.) Maybe I'll find something in my "extras" folder for y'all.

    Happy Scrapping!



    Comments on "We're all sick...again."

     

    Blogger Scraps By Rachel Dobbs said ... (2:15 PM, February 27, 2008) : 

    I've been AFK for so long, I was real glad to find you and all of my favorite blogs still here. I am getting up and running again, and have some new goodies to share , I just posted today. Take a look you may like them, I've linked you on my blog, I was linked on your before, can you link me again? :)

    I am doing freebies on both of these blogs
    http://soaps-n-suds.blogspot.com
    and
    http://jellybeanlane.blogspot.com

    My store is coming up finally too. I dont know if you remember emailing with me, but back a few months ago I was having a dickens of a time getting that zen cart thing figured out. lol

    Rachel
    www.soaps-n-suds.com

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM, February 27, 2008) : 

    Thanks for taking timout for us, Amy. Good luck with your test!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM, February 27, 2008) : 

    Poor Little dumb Amers. Just struggled along in school in the GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) program. Only got asked to take three AP classes in High School by her counselor. The only problem that you had in school was that you liked to socialize much more than study.

    Yes, you were more of an athlete than your siblings (Lettered in two sports), but you were also on the cheer leading squad for two years, played with the advanced band for several years and were editor of the yearbook your senior year.

    You were so dumb that the Navy recruited you for their nuclear power program where you had the highest grades in your classes of any of the women who managed to get into the program.

    You have a loving husband and a darling daughter who is almost as head strong as you used to be (which is a tough goal to approach.) It seems hard now, but your Mom and I know that you can do it.

    Keep on studying hard!

    Lots of Love and some hugs too! Daddo

     

    Blogger Jessica said ... (7:15 PM, February 27, 2008) : 

    Thank you so much for taking the time to do this!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:16 AM, February 28, 2008) : 

    Great list today. Studying is a priority as it should be. Don't worry about us. We will come by and check to see your progress. We won't miss getting a freebie or two because you are busy. Life happens. Have a great weekend.

     

    Blogger Scraps By Rachel Dobbs said ... (11:14 AM, February 28, 2008) : 

    UGH! I hope you're feeling better, guess what, I was reading about everyone being sick in the blogs, and now I'm sick too!!! lol... I hope you get to feeling better.... this stuff is rough.

     

    Blogger Stacey said ... (12:07 PM, February 28, 2008) : 

    Oh I love the Daddoo comment and just the name daddoo! How sweet! And sounds like you've got a lot more goin on than you know!

    Thans for the list, I'm off to check them out!

     

    Blogger Kim B said ... (1:24 AM, February 29, 2008) : 

    WOwza'z- thanks for the *bit on Ammers Daddoo*, AMY- you've been hiding under the bushel-LOL. Girl I'm sending you a MEDAL for going back to do Math! GET BETTER SOON!! Hopefully with warmer weather on the way you can get rid of all those *cooties*-
    I was cheerleading captain for most of my highschool career to by the way ( heehee, but a bit different to your cheerleading) We just SCREAM AND SING! hahahaha- and I was GOOD at that! LOL
    Sending you big hugs
    ME

     

    Blogger AneczkaW said ... (8:54 AM, February 29, 2008) : 

    I hope you're feeling better,Thanks for the list of freebies!

     

    post a comment