• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Monday, February 18, 2008

    What have I done?!

    So as you all know I enrolled in college and start classes the 24th of March. Well now they are having me do prep work to get ready for classes. I feel like I'm in 7 different classes at once, right now! I have to test out of 3 classes, in just under 2 weeks, which means I'm now doing review of those courses so I can pass the tests. Then I'm also taking 2 extra classes to learn APA format paper writing and power point 07 because those are the 2 ways we turn in homework/assignments (Well there's also discussion boards but I know how to use those.). Class aren't supposed to start until the 24th of next month but I'm already in 2 classes with homework and studying up for 3 BIG tests!!!! Plus I'm trying to get all my end of the month stuff done (MK, challenge kits, etc.). Oh yeah and don't I have a 3 y/o around here somewhere? Hubby is working overtime because a buddy is out of the country for the next 2 weeks. I think I'm going slowly insane. Why am I telling you all this? Because it means if I disappear, don't worry, I just fell asleep studying or I've committed myself. Oh and to top it all off Ikea Goddess is on vacation so she's sending her usual crowd over here- eeekkkk! The pressure. (I'm supposedly on some CTs too but I'm sure the designers have forgotten about me- lol!)

    I totally snapped last night and wrote a big old vent about people not listing credits when they post a LO (or full credits). I mean we all sometimes forget an item/element on credits. But in this case I saw a LO made with one of my kits and NO CREDITS at all. None, zip, zilch. I just couldn't take it. What was worse, it was for a challenge. So they wanted a posting bonus for that LO and it says clearly in the challenge rules that they must list ALL credits. I just couldn't take it, so I sounded off. Made me feel lots better. I mean if you saw this totally killer LO and wanted to know what kit it was or where they got the super cool looking element then went to look in the credits and there was nothing there wouldn't you be sad? (And we all know that my kits are so super-de-duper cool that everyone wants to know what they are and where to get them.)

    I love those people who do the super detailed credits lists. So you know exactly which element they're talking about, in detail, color, designer and shop. I don't have that kind of time or patience, but I love those who do so I can find exactly where that button, ribbon or doodle came from. Bless you detail oriented people!

    Okay, that's enough about me freaking out. Let's find a few freebies for you all to grab!
    Alexa has a Special Moments kit up.
    Genevieve has a darling My Sunshine mini kit up for grabs. (Must be registered.)
    Coralie has a funky Pretty Girl add-on for you.
    RetroDiva has an All I Need extra up.
    Anne has a set of hybrid printable labels/journal tags.
    Mitia has a lovely kit for you.
    Anna has a Expressions of Romance up for grabs.
    Jasmin has some Paper Frames on her blog. (Very neat.)
    Misty has a QP to match her new kit Twilight Romance.
    (Grab the last of Misty's date bits: 6 & 7.)
    Lindsay Jane has a darling set of frames to match her fabulous new kit Breath of Spring!
    Princess Pam has more ABC kit stuff on her blog. (I love the overlays!)
    Herald has an Aged QP on her blog. (Stuff used from a couple of her kits.)
    Bethany has a slew of word art for you. (That's right I said slew- look it up.)
    Please remember to leave some love!
    (Remember we're aiming for a 15% or higher thank you rate!)

    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "What have I done?!"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 PM, February 18, 2008) : 

    Thanks for a great list. Don't worry about your faithful followers. We will just keep checking back for when you have time to put up a post. We won't forget about you. Now get that homework done!

     

    Blogger Melberry said ... (4:35 PM, February 18, 2008) : 

    Amy, way to go!!!!! I was so glad to hear you're working on continuing your education. It's difficult enough to go back to school after being out awhile, but when you're a full-time Wife/Mom/Homemaker on top of that (not to mention an extraordinary digi-scrapper/designer as well), then it's quite miraculous. I'll be pulling for you in spirit, and if you ever need a pat on the back, let me know. :) And I don't blame you for having a rant about the lack of credit where credit is due. It's sooooo frustrating. Hang in there ... in everything! Melanie http://mmdcreations.blogspot.com/

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:34 PM, February 18, 2008) : 

    Thanks, Amy. Good luck in your endeavours!

     

    Blogger SAHM said ... (7:09 PM, February 18, 2008) : 

    Luck with the school stuff, Amy. Know that can be crazy! As for listing credits, I think it's important to list them -- including photo credit and font credit. So, glad you did your vent/rant/kvetch.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:50 PM, February 18, 2008) : 

    Thanks. Good luck with all you're doing. Crazy, maybe. Happy, always!

     

    Blogger Natasha said ... (11:12 PM, February 18, 2008) : 

    Thanks for the list. Nothing that I wanted this time, so I will check back.
    How do you keep track of your papers/elements when you download them so you can give proper credit? I'm struggling to find a system!

    Best of luck on your studies!

     

    Blogger Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said ... (11:34 PM, February 18, 2008) : 

    Amy - thanks for the list - I totally understand the frustration - sorry they didn't give credit. I've used a few things from Emma - you can check them out here - I only post on my own blog. www.myscrappinevolution.blogspot.com. You can quickly see your stuff by clicking on your name in the labels section.

     

    Blogger Sarah K - Sentiments by Sarah said ... (11:37 PM, February 18, 2008) : 

    hey Natasha - I left a comment on your blog about how I organize my digital stuff.

     

    Blogger verabear said ... (3:00 AM, February 19, 2008) : 

    You've really got a lot on your plate, find time to take it easy :) thanks for the freebie list!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM, February 19, 2008) : 

    Wow - you have outdone yourself with this list - I think I want everything!!! Beautiful kits - thank you so much for taking the time in your HECTIC schedule to scope these marvelous finds out for us! You're wonderful.

     

    Blogger TragedyScrapinAnne said ... (2:58 PM, February 19, 2008) : 

    GL with the enw classes hun....
    LOL @ credits, I hear ya...but ya know I am anal about posting them...lol

    Miss ya, Hugs Kat

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM, February 19, 2008) : 

    Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I love a vent post that includes the words super-de-dooper - cracks me right up! I am glad you like my overlay - I find it hard to believe any of those words would be applicable to Emma!

     

    post a comment