• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Saturday, March 17, 2007

    Using a template

    I've had a lot of emails lately asking me how to use a template or where to find a tutorial. I include some basic instructions in every template I give out but a lot of people need pictures too. I usually send them to Scrapbook Bytes because they have tutorials for a bunch of different programs. Misty Cato also has written a very nice one for using Photoshop(It's the 3rd one down).

    So I decided to try my hand at writting my very first tutorial. It's for Paint Shop Pro because that's the program I use the most. I'm still learning Photoshop and don't feel comfortable enough with that program to write any tutorials for it yet, but I'm sure there will be some coming soon.

    In the mean time head on over to check out my tutorial for Using a Template in PSP. I included a link to a new template I made just for the tutorial, it's nothing fancy but good for anyone just starting out.
    -Amy W.

    Comments on "Using a template"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 PM, March 17, 2007) : 

    Great job. When using deformation tool, I prefer the pick tool over the move tool... but like you say, it's all a matter of preference. BTW, how'd you do the bubbles? TFS!
    Hugs!

     

    Blogger Amy W. said ... (8:48 PM, March 17, 2007) : 

    @Addicted-
    For the bubbles I used the Effect>Artistic Effects>Balls and Bubbles. With the settings as 46-20-75 amd non-intersecting. Cool huh!
    -Amy W.

     

    Blogger 2rejoyce said ... (9:25 AM, March 18, 2007) : 

    :( I'm sad because I will be on the road during your chat tonight. Have fun!

     

    Blogger MaryEllen said ... (11:18 AM, March 18, 2007) : 

    thanks for the tut Amy

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:36 AM, March 18, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy, I read your blog almost everyday. Thank you for all your hard work. I use PSP too, and your tutorial was a HUGE help for me. I was making it WAY too hard when I used a template -- thank you sooooo much!!!!

     

    Blogger Amy W. said ... (3:10 PM, March 18, 2007) : 

    @Heather-
    I did too at first. Glad I could help!

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (6:21 PM, March 18, 2007) : 

    Yep...fab template tutorial, Amy! I could have used that when I hadn't a clue what I was doing.....keep up the great work!
    Hugs!
    Michaele

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM, March 18, 2007) : 

    Thank You for taking the time to write the tutorial! x :D

     

    Blogger AMY said ... (5:35 AM, March 19, 2007) : 

    THANK YOU!!!
    THANK YOU!!!
    THANK YOU!!!

     

    post a comment