• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Monday, March 03, 2008

    Whew!

    I'm so glad that's over! SO I took all 3 exams this past weekend and passed one of them. SO that's one less class I'll have to take to get my degree. I knew I'd fail one of them so I wasn't worried about that, but I am sad I didn't pass the math. I had studied for it and thought I had done rather well but it ends up I was wrong- LOL!

    Okay here's a huge announcement for you all! I'm leaving designing at DBD. As proven to me over the past week or so that I can't do it all. And so I'm no longer going to be a designer on the DBD team. By cutting back it allows me time to get my school work done, take care of my family and maybe do some blogging with occasional freebies! And so all of the products in my shop at DBD are on sale for 40% off thru Sunday the 9th. At midnight on Sunday night they will disappear never to be heard from again. So if you have had you eye on any of my goodies I suggest you go grab it now. (Oh this includes the Happy Scrapz designs as well. They're not on sale but they too will be gone on the 9th.)
    I've been looking into joining a lower stress shop and will let you know if I find one that's just a shop. (No forum or gallery to post in or challenges to host, etc.) And of course I will still be on here I just may be slowing down a bit.

    Now here's a very cool LO if I do say so myself. Usually I'd ask you to go to our ADSR blog for the Glitter Goddesses but we did such a great collab work I wanted to share with you all on here! Here's Cinna's and my LO for the 2nd challenge. We had to do 1/2 of the LO each so we divided it up in a fun way.
    Credits:
    Papers: Kitchen papers by Sophia Sarducci
    Beads: Kitchen Beads by Sophia Sarducci
    Elements: In My Kitchen by Sophia Sarducci
    Frame: Circle Frames by Holly McCaig.
    Stitches: Cirkle stitches by Karen Hunt. "Sloppy" stitch from Reflection kit by Kellie Puddy.
    Fonts used: Kidprint, CK Journaling Condensed and LD Beatnik.


    Did you like the LO above? You can grab the template for it HERE. It's only in PSD. (sorry) It has a circle int the center and the background all divided up in different ways. (Vertical and diagonal, halves and quarters for both.) So you can mix and match as you see fit. Enjoy!

    Okay, I know I need to do a freebie list but it'll have to wait until Emma goes to bed. Make sure you stop back there a couple of good ones I spoted this weekend!

    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "Whew!"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 PM, March 03, 2008) : 

    Hi Amy. Glad you're scaling back. If you want a laid-back shop, might I suggest Scraphead? I'm on the CT there and it's casual and not high-pressure at all. Email me if I can make an introduction for you.

    I love how you split up your ADSR3 layout. Ours came out cute, but yours is positively SCRUMPTIOUS!

    Race on!

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (7:29 PM, March 03, 2008) : 

    What a wise woman - Family first! I am sure DBD will suffer the loss of your leaving though I'm sure you've gained friends there too. Whereever you wind up you will be a blessing!

    Love and prayers in your decisions.

    ~ Barb

     

    Blogger katg1006 said ... (3:50 PM, March 05, 2008) : 

    Hi Amy (((Hugs))) CONGRATULATIONS on passing your one class! That's wonderful! Don't worry about the others - keep at it I know you'll succeed!! Glad you are slowing down some..you need some "me" and "family" time without the pressure. Thanks so much for sharing your template I loved your LO...can't wait to use it!

     

    post a comment