• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Thursday, January 18, 2007

    Okay, I'm back...kind of

    If you read my earlier post I still have a bit of a headache but it's a bit better. Today is just not a good day for freebies it'd seem. Half the ones I went to investigate had one problem or another- that while it'd be a great freebie but problems with links, blogger and viruses have made me keep it short. Don't forget to come back tomorrow for the Friday freebie.
    Now here's a layout by one of my fabulous creative team members!Layout by CTM- Mary Ann (MA3)
    Credits:
    Sweet Stuff Kit by Amy Watson
    Ribbon/stitching by MA3

    Tips for the day:
    Stefan's Mama has a sweet paper pack for those softer LOs.
    Seebee's Freebies has a neat alpha up for grabs.
    Another cool alpha on Amanda's blog!
    Jen Reed has a pretty sample of her part in a mega kit, QP included in sample.
    Melgen has a nice Valentine mini kit. (must go thru shop)
    The talented Misty has a free sample of her latest on her blog for you. Cool ribbon!
    Jenny L. has a lovely QP on her blog for you.
    Jeanine's blog has another sweet Valentine mini kit.
    ConnyB has a free template for you , but due to hotlinking you'll have to figure out the password from clues on her blog. (Even I got it with my headache so I know you can too.)
    Valinda's QP for today is perfect for everyone with a little girl.
    Helena has a Charming kit on her blog for you.
    Andrea has a doodle alphs that's totally boss!
    Jenny has a new kit Eighteen up for you. Scroll down and it's under "kits".
    Have you visited Nana's Attic lately? If not she's got some new kits and add-ons up.
    Don't forget to leave some love when you download.

    I know what you're thinking I remind you to give some love everyday. But it bears repeating. My Valentine overlays have been downloaded over 500 times, and even if I go look at all the forums that I've posted notices on, there's not even close to 100 bits of love for me. Makes me sad. I know on occasion I too haven't been able to post love, especially if they are giving out a kits in pieces but come on people all these links are to someone's hard work. They could be putting this stuff into a shop and making money off it but instead they are sharing it with all of us. That means they deserve a bit of thanks and appreciation for their hard work.
    (Amy steps off her soapbox.)

    Comments on "Okay, I'm back...kind of"

     

    Blogger Joy said ... (5:24 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    I think you are WONDERFUL. Reading your blog helps me find things I need that I might not have seen otherwise. SO, thank you for all you do.
    Blessings,
    Joy

     

    Blogger Sledgin said ... (6:05 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    I agree about leaving love Amy. Sometimes I even email my favourite blogs to let them know about my freebies and I don't even get replies to say thanks...

    It so important to leave some love is'nt it. Best - Selena


    Please remember everyone leave your love x
    Thanks for the tips Amy!

    http://designsbyselena.blogspot.com/

     

    Blogger katg1006 said ... (6:33 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    Kat Clapping

    Love your soap box Amy! I have had the same problem. You can understand a few people forget or can't because of blogger issues, but...500 and less then 100. That's Shameful. I don't think a lot of people understand how much time it takes to make even the simpliest items. Time away from our little ones and our hubbys. Please everyone - it only takes a moment to say "thank you!"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    Glad to hear your feeling a wee bit better. I hope by now you feel all the way better. Thanks for everything you and the others do by creating and sharing your wonderful work with us! I really do appreciate it!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    AMAN

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    Amy,
    I so appreciate you and all the others that give us these great freebies! Thank you, and thank you for the reminder to leave more love.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    I agree - so little thanks for hard work. Sure doesn't take but just a second to say thanks so I wonder why are people so rude?? Anyway, thanks Amy for your great tips and templates. Hope your headache goes away too. Dixie

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    Sorry we don't send the love enough. we do love yah though. and sorry i missed your chat. i saw the email after it was over.

    mcmartian

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:42 PM, January 18, 2007) : 

    You are so right. And THANK YOU for all of your hard work. Hope your feeling better.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 AM, January 19, 2007) : 

    I have just started scrapbooking and downloading freebies from your site and others you display to go to...I find it easy and takes little time to leave a message of thanks.
    In my opinion, I'm sure there are many that take without giving a little of their time in return, and this in itself is sad. Not just sad that the giver isn't being appreciated but also that the taker hasn't the persona that cares enough to spread some love and gratitude.
    Look after yourself!

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (10:39 AM, January 19, 2007) : 

    Good Morning Amy!:)

    Glad to see you are a little better this morning.:)
    Thank you soo much for sharing these freebie links with us.I sure appreciate it.:)
    Thanks for mentioning me again.:)That is soo sweet of you.:)
    I have just about come to the conclusion that only a select few leave comments.Not sure asking them to do it is going to help.I sure wish it did.:)Comments help us to keep going when we feel like quitting.I have thought so many times of just going back to what I did before I started giving freebies away..but..I try to keep in mind that if they are downloading it..they must like it.I still continue to put my freebies up for the friends I have made.The ones who take the time to comment and get to know me for more than the freebies I have to offer.:)You ...being one of them:)

    Have a fantastic day today!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Blogger Terry H.K. said ... (9:13 PM, January 19, 2007) : 

    Hope the chat went well. I tried several times to get in and it would not let me. I didnt want to get sunjava.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM, January 20, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy,

    I just wanted to thank you for linking to my blog freebies. I noticed the traffic in my site logs and thought I'd stop by and say Thanks so Thank You!

    Jen Reed

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (11:48 PM, January 21, 2007) : 

    I so agree!
    Mary Ann created a gorgeous layout using your new kit!
    Thanks for all that you do....I appreciate ya!
    Michaele

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:22 AM, January 22, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy, found my way here through Technorati, saw my name and i am so glad to see you linked my freebie. And i went see my top 10 blog referrers and woaahhhhhh you are the top 1 referrer last week bringing over 200 visitors on my blog. Thank you for that. MY QP sold like a hot cake ..lol.

    About the "giving love" thing, i have uploaded my QP 2 times with 200 DLs and only over 20 left love on my blog, it is sad sometimes when people just snagged things w/o saying thank you eh. oh welll..

     

    post a comment