• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Thursday, May 17, 2007

    Happy days are here again...

    Okay, so I had a wonderful birthday yesterday! Thank you to everyone who stopped by to wish me a happy day. Emma took me out to breakfast. Well, hubby gave me a card "from her" that had a $20 in it with instructions for me to get my favorite strawberry pancakes with her. He's such a sweetie. I got a cute e-card from my big brother. My folks and MIL sent me cards with lovely checks inside, and I got an annoying teasing card from my big sister. My 2 best buddies sent cards and called- one is also sending me a present but she just ordered it so it'll be here in a few days. Oh, and my birthday twin and I exchanged e-greetings. Nothing like going thru school with a girl who shares a b-day with you, so we always email each other on b-days. And we had lots of food I didn't have to cook for dinner, which is always nice. So I'd say it was a great b-day. Hubby got me 2 gifts as well but neither has arrived yet, not his fault and he told me what they are so it's cool. He got me a case for my digital camera and a new swimsuit for the summer, he knows me so well.

    Don't forget, this weekend is the DigiByDesign Grand Opening and there are going to be so many freebies you'll have to stop by.

    Oh to the list:
    Valinda has some cool looking starts on her blog.
    Sabine has the 3rd paper pack for her Flowers For My Mother kit up.
    Michaele has a Mom mini kit for you.
    Mrs. Miles has some new styling elements and from yesterday a cool glittery swirly thingie.
    Seebee's Freebies has 2 little tag freebies great for just about any LO.
    Misty has a sampler from her latest in her About A Boy series, this one is years 3-5!
    Denise has an add-on for her new kit Creative Mess. (kit is also on sale for 40% off- so cute!)
    Christine has added the elements for her Grungy Athlete kit.
    (I loved the papers and these are great too!)
    Lindsay Jane has a new blog with a cute Celebrate mini kit.
    Leah has some soap bubble doodles and scroll down for the matching alpha.
    (Great for those bathtub LOs.)
    Joy has a cute flowered journaling box.
    Jennilyn has a template up for grabs.
    Kylie has a Squished alpha for you.
    Please remember to leave some love when you download your goodies!

    Connie has a new article up about "seeing" your blog traffic and how to make it more visible to search engines! Great info to check out.

    Happy scrapping Everyone!

    P.S. Wish me luck, Emma has decided we're ready to start the fun-filled world of potty training. I don't think I'm ready even if she is. Any advice is welcome.

    Comments on "Happy days are here again..."

     

    Blogger Janine said ... (1:37 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Hey Amy, thanks for list of freebies...and HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY from me

     

    Blogger xashee's corner said ... (2:05 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Happy belated birthday, thank you for the list :) and good luck with the potty training!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Thank you for sharing the list of freebies. I am in the same boat as you with potty training. Good luck.

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (2:30 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Good Afternoon Amy:)
    Would have been here sooner but my DS and DIL came by for a few hours.:)
    Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful freebie list and adding me to it!:)
    Soo glad you had a wonderful b-day! You deserve it!!:)
    About potty training..my DD was easy..once she found out she didn't have to have that diaper on..she was hooked on the potty.LOL I may have done a bad thing but I kept a small lollipop near by to give her when she used it on her own.LOL But once she knew she could stay dry..she didn't need them any more.:) Now..the boys..that is a different story.LOL.

    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Thanks for the list ;)
    I have four kids myself and when it comes to potty training, I think you should go for it as long as your daughter is ready ;)

    BTW: I have just made my first freebie (wordart) and if you would like to, you are free to take a look :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday, Amy! Hope it is full of fun. As for your dh buying you a swim suit, ....you are a very trusting woman! LOL!
    -Sheryl

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Belated Happy Birthdy wishes! Glad you had a great day.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Belated Happy Birthdy wishes! Glad you had a great day.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Thanks for the list! Happy belated birthday!
    Potty training - if she's ready and willing it will be easy! My daughter, at 3, did fine during the day, but still needed pullups at night until she was a bit older. The key was that she wanted to do it. Don't rush, they all learn at their own pace. So my advice, just relax!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    HI

    I registered on DigiScrapz but the activation never came through. Tried to re-register but it said the email address was already registered. Checked the member list and I am no. 244 but can't get in because I haven't received activation. Can you please help.

    genie

     

    Blogger Saskia said ... (5:53 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    I didn't know it was your birthday! Congratulations girl!!

     

    Blogger Muka said ... (6:26 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    oh gosh... good luck with the pooty training, lol! happy belated birthday to you, btw... so happy you enjoyed your day!!

     

    Blogger Sonia said ... (7:32 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy glad you had a great birthday, my Mother did too! I just posted a preview of the page curl I had already made on my blog, would you mind giving me some feedback.

    Hugs Sonia

     

    Blogger Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said ... (8:05 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!!
    Sounds like you had a great one!!
    TY for todays list!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Best of luck with the potty training! I hear girls are easier than boys. I have 2 boys... lol! Happy belated birthday as well!

     

    Blogger Sonia said ... (11:44 PM, May 17, 2007) : 

    Amy I think I made one that looks alright *LOL* What is a double button fold???

    Hugs Sonia

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 AM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Wow, what a great list. Thanks for putting it together. My 2yr old has decided that she wants to "potty" in the "big girl potty" too. Our problem is that she wants to sit on it only AFTER she has gone on my floor, LOL!
    Come check out my new scrappin blog at punkyspixels.blogspot.com for my very FIRST kit. It's called Nomi's Bugs.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 AM, May 18, 2007) : 

    A friend gave me the following advice when I was potty training my 3 year old daughter: Once you decide to potty train, put them in undies full time except for when they're sleeping. (Littlies can get confused if they're in nappies one day then undies the next). Choose a week when you can stay home ALL WEEK and just concentrate on potty training. Cancel outside activities. This stops your dd from being distracted and helps them 'listen' to their body signals for toiletting. It worked for me and my dd. By day 3 we had it sussed, although poopin' on the potty took a little longer. Good luck!

     

    Blogger Connie @ DigiScrapInfo.com said ... (8:37 AM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy,
    Thanks for adding a link to our blog post. :)

    I had added your blog to our blogroll a week or so ago. People appreciate the links that you post! Keep up the good work!!

    And we're always happy to answer questions over at DigiScrapInfo.com

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 AM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Jacinda, you hit the nail completely on the head!! I just finished potty training my dd with a method that gave very similar advice. I was beyond impressed when she was trained in 5 days. it took a lot of work, but you have to be prepared for accidents. the good thing about this method was that they offered constant email support, so i could get help.

    if you're thinking about starting, i suggest you try this guide called Easy Potty Training.

    Good luck!

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (9:34 AM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Thanks for the links... If you want I've got an other freebie on my blog!!!

     

    Blogger SAHM said ... (11:56 AM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Amy - belated happy birthday again.

    Potty training - uh, if she's willing and wanting to, that's the MAIN step. Girls seem to be easier than boys to train and in looking over the advice given, it's much better than mine. [On a trip to London, my son wanted to 'show off' for Dad, so he trained himself in two weeks to be fully toilet trained - even at night; as I groused to hubby "you couldn't've just taken two weeks off of work earlier in the year to save me 18 months of on-off progress?" :-) ] Best of luck!

     

    Blogger Dani said ... (12:25 PM, May 18, 2007) : 

    i know i am too late but i wish you happy birthday!!!!

    Love greetings
    Dani

     

    Blogger Photopassion said ... (3:17 PM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Bummers! first I was too early and now I am too late ;-)
    However: I wish you a happy belated birthday, Amy :))
    So good to hear you´ve had a wonderful day!
    Also I want to thank your daddy for his nice comment on my blog yesterday *g* That was sweet of him :)
    Hugs to you both (and to little Emma of course!)
    Conny

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (3:29 PM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy!
    So happy to hear that you had a wonderful birthday...sounds like it was a great one!
    LOL....so glad potty training days are over.....that's great that Emma is wanting to go....good luck and hope it is speedy and quick!
    Have a wonderful weekend and big hugs to ya!
    Michaele

     

    Blogger Dude-man's Mommy said ... (5:39 PM, May 18, 2007) : 

    Hey Amy!

    We're starting to experience the joy that is potty training here at our house as well...whoop-dee-doo! I'm thinking it must be 100x easier with a little girl then with my silly monster-man. :o)

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    ~Leah
    scrapsugar.blogspot.com

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 AM, May 19, 2007) : 

    hi Amy,
    Im just finishing up potty traing my twin girls, one is done, the other almost. I started when they were 16 mos old and their 2 and a half now! My advise, wait til they are ready! Good luck!

     

    post a comment