• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Thursday, May 10, 2007

    My Shutterfly book & Jessica's Birthday!! (List too)

    Hi all, it's a big day! First off I got my Shutterfly book and it's so super cool! I think it took less than a week to get and that's awesome! But the book itself is great work! My only problem was on the cover. And it was my problem not theirs, they tell you that the cover gets wrapped over the edge during binding but I didn't double check the instructions they gave as to how much. Oh well, I think it turned out great anyway.

    Here's the front cover you can see that even with my booboo, it looks faboo!
    (I used Traci Sims Shabby Linens QPs and kit for the cover and first page.)
    Here's the full cover and spine. I put Emma's name on the spine but again didn't read the actual size requirements for the wrap over, so it's a bit big.
    Here's the first page, it's us at the hospital for Emma's birth.
    Now here's a look inside at a couple of the LOs. I've shown all of them on here so I won't bore you with all 38 pages. (It comes standard with 20 pages but I had a lot of pages, and the book was on sale so I figured it evened out in the end.)
    Let's see... on the left I used stuff from Barb (Mrs. Miles)-blue paper, ConnyB.-grass and brown paper, Manu-flowers and myself- red, yellow and orange papers & template No 24.
    On the right I used Manu's- Grungy Scribbles kit, Seebee's Freebies- alpha, Christina Renee- Tab and ribbons and cookie doodles by Barb (Mrs. Miles).

    Just another shot of the book itself, so small I can fit lots of these in the space a normal scrap book fits. The cost when you figure it out to print a bound book like this versus a normal one where you still have to buy the book and sleeves then print the pages is actually cheaper. I think I'm hooked.

    ______________________________________________________

    Okay, now then today is my good buddy Jessica's Birthday! So I'm throwing her a little party. I made for you this cute little ricrac party favor, that I stapled flowers onto.
    It's funky and bright just like Jess!
    This little baby is yours, all you have to do is...
    go over to Jessica's blog and wish her a very happy birthday!

    Sorry, this is no longer available.

    Thursday's Freebies:
    Valinda has a pretty all purple QP up.
    Sabine has part 2 of Flowers for My Mother up.
    Mrs. Miles has the next installment of her Heavy Metal kit up.
    Jessica (the birthday girl) has a gift for you, some pretty buttoned flowers.
    Tracy B. has some cool scalloped borders on her blog.
    Lindsay Jane has part 2 of The Outback up.
    Mollie has some killer MOD buckles and ribbons.
    Christine has Grungy Athlete papers up.
    Karla has a cute embellished slide freebie.
    Leah has a new Funky Dot Preschool alpha.
    Bannerwoman has a beautiful QP for her Unconditional kit.
    Manu has a Good Old Days ad-on for you.
    Please remember to leave some love!

    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "My Shutterfly book & Jessica's Birthday!! (List too)"

     

    Blogger caroline said ... (3:59 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    yay for shutterfly books! they're awesome!

    happy birthday to jessica!! :)

     

    Blogger ~Jessica said ... (6:48 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Thanks hun, you are too sweet!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    This is the best party favor I ever got! Love the flowers on the ricrac. Thanks for sharing.

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (7:21 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Good Morning Amy:)
    Your shutterfly book looks great!How Cool!!
    Thank you so much for sharing your flower ricrac with me.It is sooo cute.!!
    I will go wish Jessica a Happy Birthday now.Thanks for letting me know.:)

    Have a fantastic day!
    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Blogger Gail said ... (7:23 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much for the fabulous freebie - and I wished Jessica a HB!

     

    Blogger Lynn said ... (7:26 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Thank you for the Ric-Rac! Thank you also for the list you try to do every day! I've saved most blogs into Google Reader, but every now and again you find someone new for me to go check out! :)

     

    Blogger justrenae said ... (9:16 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Oh Amy, This is just BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to use it in a layout! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Also thank you for all of your hard work in providing the freebie list - you are so appreciated!

    Renae

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Thanks for sharing your book - it must have been exciting when it arrived! Thanks too for the flower ricrac.

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (10:22 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Your book looks absolutely wonderful Amy. I had one printed for a client - I used mypublisher and we had it uploaded and delivered in England. It turned out amazing too! What a precious treasure for your family! Thanks for sharing.. have a wonderful day and I'm going to Jessica's to say a big HB!!

     

    Blogger Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said ... (11:10 AM, May 10, 2007) : 

    TY so very much Amy!!!

     

    Blogger Bob said ... (12:29 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    That ric-rak is awesome. Like a lei! I feel the need to go to Hawaii! LOL.

    Cute Shutterfly book. Well worth the money. Great little LOs. This will be great in years to come.

     

    Blogger Mayrasmom said ... (2:27 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    what a great book, thanks always for the great freebies!

     

    Blogger Sledgin said ... (3:08 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    THE BOOK LOOKS GORGEOUS!!!

    JUST HOW CUTE IS YOUR LITTLE GIRL!
    THOSE CURLS ARE TO DIE FOR!

    HUGS - SELENA

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Thank you for the freebie. The album you made is awesome!!! I sent happy birthday wishes to Jessica too... was surprised to see there were none already ?? :) You're both so sweet!

     

    Blogger IkeaGoddess said ... (6:04 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Your shutterfly book looks fabulous. You did a wonderful cover design. Love it.
    Thanks for the sweet flowered ricrac.

     

    Blogger Scrapmuch said ... (6:29 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    the book looks awesome! did you go with the 12x12 or the 8x8?

    Mary

     

    Blogger CathyK Designs said ... (9:25 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Thank you very much!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    xoxox

     

    Blogger Dude-man's Mommy said ... (11:12 PM, May 10, 2007) : 

    Amy -

    I love Shutterfly books! I have mine out on my coffee table and get a million compliments on it every time we have company.

    Thanks so much for the ric-rac...so cute!

    Thanks also for mentioning my freebie today! I'll have lots more in the days to come.


    Hugs to you & Emma,
    Leah (LiamsMommy31905)
    scrapsugar.blogspot.com

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 AM, May 11, 2007) : 

    Such a lovely book! Very nice job! How exciting to have a book about your own life!
    Amy thank you for the list today, I really appreciate all your hard work! Thank you.........

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 AM, May 11, 2007) : 

    thank you for the wonderful freebie and all yout links!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 AM, May 11, 2007) : 

    My Shutterfly book came in the mail today... woo hoo. I haven't tried the 12x12 yet -- they sent me an offer for a free book if I ordered anything so I got a classic 8.5x11 for s&h cost. My next one I want to create a cover the way you did - it looks great. Thanks for the freebie and the lists! - Lori

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM, May 11, 2007) : 

    Wow, your Shutterfly book looks fantastic!

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (12:04 PM, May 11, 2007) : 

    came to leave you some love today Amers! I am saying a prayer for you ... (don't know WHY) but its on my heart to do this. *hugs*

     

    Blogger Scrapping Away said ... (12:40 PM, May 11, 2007) : 

    Your shutterfly book looks awesome! Thanks for showing us!

    (formerly posting as Opal_61 )

     

    Blogger xashee's corner said ... (1:37 PM, May 11, 2007) : 

    beautiful book and thank you for sharing it and your awesome freebie!! have a great day! :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 PM, May 11, 2007) : 

    These books are really great and yours is stunning. Are you going to make one every year for Emma? The more I see them the more I feel the need to do one!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM, May 11, 2007) : 

    so cute,thank you

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (1:01 PM, May 12, 2007) : 

    Your book turned out beautiful...love the cover, too! Yes, I am hooked too...it was so much for to create...will definitely be doing more of them!
    Cute ric rac....will have to head over there and wish her a belated happy b-day! What a cool friend you are!
    Take Care and have a great weekend!
    Michaele

     

    Blogger emilymomto3boys said ... (2:24 PM, July 08, 2007) : 

    Thank you for showing me the link!

    Emily

     

    post a comment