• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Monday, May 28, 2007

    Happy Memorial Day!

    Hi everyone and Happy Memorial day! Take a moment today to say a little prayer of thanks for those who have and still do serve in the armed forces.

    Some of you have noticed and or asked about my new avatar. There's a story behind it and I'll share it with you. See, I'm supposed to have a photo in the DBD shop so people can associate me with a face but I don't have any since I chopped off my foot of hair. Then my buddy Barb (aka Mrs. Miles) had these neat hair accessoires on her blog that I wanted to try out. So while I was making the advertisement for the memorial day sale (still going today 35% off) I decides to give myself some blue hair and added the cool red shades, also by Barb. It looked so patriotic, so I threw in the flag behind me Figure it'll be good for at least thru July if not longer. I am proud to be an American, I served 4 years in the Navy and love to live here. So this became my photo for the shop and I put it up here. It's cute and makes me smile- I hope it does for you too.

    Okay, since today is Memorial Day I made this little mini kit for you Hope you like it!
    Sorry, this is no longer available.

    Happy Scrapping Everyone!

    Comments on "Happy Memorial Day!"

     

    Blogger BaKsKaF said ... (11:32 AM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Love the freebie Amy!! I have a few pics I can't wait to use this with! TYFS!!

     

    Blogger Gail said ... (11:35 AM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Fabulous kit - thank you!

     

    Blogger Jan said ... (12:53 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Thank you! I'm going to use this to make some cards for the troops! :-)

     

    Blogger Kimberly said ... (1:43 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    What a pretty Tribute kit!
    Thank you.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Love your blue hair! and the minikit is fantastic too! I served two active years, and four reserve years in the Army. And I too, am proud to be an American!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much! As the wife of a retired USAF man & the mother of a US Marine currently serving in Iraq, I can always use patriotic kits. It means so much to know that other care about the troops.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    That flag paper is incredible!! thank you so much for sharing.

    Lisa

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Love this kit, thanks so much for sharing it. Have a great day.

     

    Blogger Kim B said ... (4:20 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Had to comment on the Avatar- I LOVE IT!!! LOL, think it's funky an does make you smile!
    Hugs
    Kim

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Amy, thanks so much for sharing this fantastic kit, it really is beautiful. - Kris

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (4:48 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Thanks for your freebie!
    I've got a new fish on my blog today if you like to stop by...

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Thanks for the kit Amy!
    Kathy M

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Thank you! Happy Memorial Day!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Very nice - thank you!

     

    Blogger Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said ... (7:09 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    TY so very much for the awesome freebie!!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:12 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    These are great, Thanks.

     

    Blogger Catsrul said ... (8:21 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    These are awesome. Thank you!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Thank you so much! It is wonderful to find other folks who are patriotic.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:40 PM, May 28, 2007) : 

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful minikit.

     

    Blogger Evelyn said ... (12:55 AM, May 29, 2007) : 

    This is just Stunningly Beautiful. You are So talented! TY :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 AM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Thanks, Amy. This is a nice kit. You really do great work. Thanks

     

    Blogger Lisa said ... (5:07 AM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Awesome avatar! We're over here in Germany since my husband works for the Army and I was a teacher this year on base as well. I really appreciate the patriotic kit...it's awesome! I have several freebies on my blog if you want to take a look. http://sass-n-scraps.blogspot.com/ Have a great day!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 AM, May 29, 2007) : 

    love the papers! thanks.
    -sheryl

     

    Blogger Dixie said ... (9:10 AM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Thanks so much - you are the best and I love your avatar!!!!!

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (10:51 AM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Hey Amers! Hope you-all had a wonderful Memorial Day! I've posted your (too funny) pic and a link on my blog today. Thanks SO much... will check in with you sometime soon! Have a good day! *hugs* Barb

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (1:01 PM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Good Afternoon Amy:)
    I didn't get by after you posted this blog.:) Thank you sooo much for sharing your fantastic kit with me.:) How totally cool! Speaking of cool...Look at you!!Blue hair and red shades.Too funny!!LOL It looks like you had a lot of fun doing that to yourself:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Blogger Ramie :-) said ... (2:39 PM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Thanks so much! My husband is overseas right now, and the holiday weekend was hard with him away, but nice people like you make it easier to get through the days!!! (both with your kindness and the scrappy stuff!)!

    Thanks again!
    Ramie

     

    Blogger Karla M. said ... (3:32 PM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Amy,
    This is beautiful. What a nice tribute!

     

    Blogger Tasha said ... (4:01 PM, May 29, 2007) : 

    This is so well done, thank you so much for creating and sharing it!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Thanks so much for the Memorial Day kit. It is great
    mmikes

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (10:18 PM, May 29, 2007) : 

    Oh yes....dig the new avatar and thanks for the story behind it! :) Love the mini kit....thanks for creating and sharing it, too! It was a nice holiday weekend and we are so proud of our troops...my dh served in the Air Force for 10 years, even went overseas during the war!
    Hugs to you and thanks for all that you do!
    Michaele

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM, May 30, 2007) : 

    I love your patriotic spirit, thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 AM, June 01, 2007) : 

    Very nice freebie and I like your new avatar! Thanks-a-lot. :)

     

    Blogger Tasha said ... (11:40 AM, June 09, 2007) : 

    I really enjoyed using your kit to make my second digital layout, which is posted on my blog under "Memorial Day Layout." Free free to link or post it. Sorry for the delay in letting you know. Have a wonderful day!

     

    Blogger Michelle said ... (12:16 PM, July 01, 2007) : 

    Beautiful. Thank you

     

    post a comment