• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Monday, April 21, 2008

    Madness I'm telling you...

    ...I've been informed I'm mad, and I'm liable to agree. This week is the last week of class for me. Last week? you're asking. Yes, well I'm taking online classes and they are accelerated so we do one class in 5 weeks rather than a traditional 15 week class. So this week I have to write 3 papers instead of the usual 2, fun yes? The next 5 weeks are also only one class, but then starting in June I get to take 2 classes at a time. Yes, that's 2 college classes in just 5 weeks, madness I'm telling you. So if you all think I'm slacking now wait until then- Wahahaha! Fortunately it coincides with Emma going to school 5 mornings a week for summer school, then the regular school term too- yay! Luckily I'm doing well in this class so far, if I didn't turn in any of the papers this week I'd still get a C so that's good, but I think I'll get them done and work for that A. Sorry no goodie last week, and who knows for next week either. I'm working on a few things including Mother's Day gifts for all the moms and grandmas in my/Emma's lives. If I have time I may just make one for you all too! :)

    I got an award! ... actually I think I got it a few times- lol!
    I'm so honored to get this award, I'm sorry to say I usually don't pass these things along until they build up because I just don't have the time. But I got this baby more than once and the blog it comes from, while I can't read it, has so many wonderful crafts and stuff it's just too much!
    I received this from Kim B., Valinda and an honorable mention from Mrs. Miles- thanks ladies you're the bestest! (I'd send it back to you 3 but you already know I love you and that you're super creative and always inspire me!)

    Here are the rules:

    1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
    2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
    3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
    4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award. http://arteypico.blogspot.com/Make sure you visit the link above. There are crafts of all kinds shown; you are bound to come away inspired!
    5) Show these rules.

    So my 5 creative blogs...
    Gina M. She's always got it so together! She makes fabulously creative goodies for us all and finds some of the most interesting links! Love her!
    Derek M. This dude is just so much fun! He has wonderful ideas and can carry out a theme like no other!
    Megs Also known as Flergs. This woman constanly surprises me with her quirky humor and lovely kits. She's just so much fun to read and it's a blast to scrap with her goodies!
    Shelley Is the bestest writer around! I love the humor, romance and plain old fun she packs into a book! She's just fabulous!
    Janna This lady has set her priorities and I love her for it. She's a wonderful scrapper but a terrific mom! She's creative and fun!

    So that's my 5, I could have picked more but it's a time crunch thing. maybe I'll make a super busy blogger award, but then I'd have to find the time to pass it out- LOL

    Okay, nothing new from me this week in the Sophia Sarducci Shoppe but there are some new Monday Madness goodies on sale today for 20% off, including all the On Vacation stuff!!! There's also a cute freebie to coordinate with the On Vacation collection on the Sophia Sarducci Blog, so go take a peek!

    Now let's go find some more freebies!
    DigiScrapBooking.ch has a Happy Birthday kit for you.
    Misty has a QP from her new kit Clash.
    Aprilmouse & Hanulienka have a lovely collab called Magic on their blog.
    Irene has a great set of heart doodles for you.
    Viviane has a bunch of wonderful freebies on her blog! Today's alpha is sweet, but scroll down.
    Lauren and Heidi have their parts of Hullabaloo up for grabs.
    Erica has 2 templates up.
    Novaczka has a set of old papers (elements) for you.
    Mrs. Miles has a Sea Lion element on her blog.
    Danielle is having a CT call and a little mini kit freebie called Don't Be Shy, so sweet.
    Minna has a gorgeous Spring Garden QP, you'll love it.
    Gina has a lovely template for you!
    Angie has a template up too.
    Leora has her part of Hullabaloo for you.
    Valinda has 3 great Froggy QPs on her blog. (Have to scroll down a bit to get to them.)
    Anna has a darling For Dreamers Only mini kit.
    Kawouette has another QP for her Tropical Island kit! (Oh, I love this kit!)
    Kristin has a 8.5x11 QP to match her new boy kit called Beep-Chugga-Zoom!
    Maria has some cluster frames called Photo Splits up for grabs.
    Her royal highness Princess Pam has more ABC kit goodies for you!
    Please remember to share the love!

    Happy Scrapping y'all!

    Comments on "Madness I'm telling you..."

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (4:44 PM, April 21, 2008) : 

    You are such a sweetie! Thank you!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 PM, April 21, 2008) : 

    Thanks Amy!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 AM, April 22, 2008) : 

    I agree - you are mad!!!! Congrats on your awards - you should have a red carpet on the side of your blog! Sounds like you are as excited as I am too see the wee ones go to school - at least part-time! What will we do with our days? Have time to breath for the first time in 4 years!

     

    Blogger Shelley Munro said ... (3:07 AM, April 22, 2008) : 

    Wow, thanks so much, Amy! Busy working on a Middlemarch story today - not that I'm teasing - much ;)

     

    Blogger Kim B said ... (8:38 AM, April 22, 2008) : 

    LOL- YOU ARE NUTS!!! But I know you will do well -LOL. You deserve the awards Amers! hell girl I don't know how you do it ALL!
    Sending big hugs
    MEE

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM, April 22, 2008) : 

    WTG lady and you should go read Sir Big Mouths blog as she talks trash about you. Don't worry I'm sure I'm the next one she will rant about as I told her where to get off at today. Who does she think she is telling the blog world how they should blog. It is your blog and if you want music then you should ahve it. If your live in France then make your blog in French, that is your right. Not the whole world speaks English. she claims to be so schooled and speaks so many laungages why is she having problems with things other than English. Sir Big Mouth needs to get a life and get out of everyone else.

     

    Blogger janna said ... (10:35 AM, April 23, 2008) : 

    Thank you for the nice words and the blog prize! You made my day!!!
    XOXO
    Janna

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 AM, May 01, 2008) : 

    Congrats !! Good Job !!

    and btw Happy Mother's Day !! ;)

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (12:56 AM, May 03, 2008) : 

    It figures the first time someone recognizes my blog for an award it would crash! :(

     

    post a comment