• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Saturday, January 27, 2007

    I made such a muck of things

    I made a big, fat blunder in my haste this week. As you all know this weekend is the Grand Re-Opening of DSD. Well it's been a lot of extra work and a huge push to get our store stocked up for the weekend and store-wide sale. Well, I had made a LO last week and it was based on someone else's sketch. Then this week I needed to put a collection of templates into the shop and I saw my LO and thought that would be great as a template! (See where my brain failed me) So I made a template added to the collection and put it up in the shop. I am now a thief. I feel so horrible, I cried so much yesterday when it was brought to my attention. I mean I would hate if someone did it with my designs and I in turn did it to someone else. Luckily someone caught it and we have since changed the collection with all 100% Amy creations. I feel so wretched about all this. I would never knowingly rip someone off but it's been a not so great week. I've been frantically trying to get all my ducks lined up in a row for the DSD weekend and since I won't be around next week (have I mentioned that to you yet?) I wanted to get everything done now. In my haste I made a horrible mistake. I have written to apologise and hope that the designer can understand the convoluted chain of events that lead to my major mess up and forgive me for being a total doodoo-head. So if you purchased Jumpstarts Collection No. 6 in the less than 24 hrs it was in the shop please email me (awatson8@nc.rr.com) so I can give you the new template and the information for giving credit to the proper designer. ( A very needy teething 2 y/o hasn't made the week easier.) I'm not offering excuses, for there aren't any, I should have double and triple checked but I rushed and that's always when mistakes happen. Well I hope you all will still like my designs- afterall, to error is human. Once again, I'm so very sorry. -Amy W.

    Comments on "I made such a muck of things"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Oh Amy, we all get frazzled and make mistakes. Don't beat yourself up. You corrected the error and apologized. I'm sure the designer will understand.

    Hugs

    Lauren

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Amy, this could happen to anyone. I am sure the designer will not be upset since you caught the mistake and apologized. I hope your day goes better now.
    Kathy

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (10:28 AM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Amy...anyone that knows you ...knows it was a mistake.:)Mistakes happen.:)I sure make enough of them and it was sooo great that they caught it so soon.:) If nothing else..the designer will get a lot of attention for her designs.LOL so..it's a good thing.:)

    Don't beat yourself up..everyone will still love your designs and anyone who may be unforgiving is not worth your tormenting yourself over.:)They are the ones with the problem..not you:)

    Brush it off honey and go on just being the sweet Amy we have all grown to love.:)

    Have a FANTASTIC day!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (10:32 AM, January 27, 2007) : 

    p.s.
    They will probably react the same way you would if someone had mistakenly done it to you and apologized..so go from that point of view:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM, January 27, 2007) : 

    I'm sure that we all realize that this was an honest mistake. It happens and you did all the right things once you discovered your mistake. Please don't be so hard on yourself!!!

     

    Blogger Carolyn Bender said ... (11:32 AM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Oh Amy, (((hugs))), we all make mistakes. Hope your weekend is better than the week has been.

    C.

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (3:59 PM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Oh my, Amy...so sorry to hear what a bad experience you have had and with everything that had happended! Wish I could give you a big hug! *HUG* Things happen...it was just an accident and I am sure the other person understood!
    Sorry I missed your chat today.....dh was hogging the computer up and by the time I got on, your chat was over!
    Big hugs to you and hope you have a great weekend....where ya going next week?
    Michaele

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Time to slow down a little and re-group yourself....We don't want you to burn out....Take it easy Amy.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Amy anyone can make an honest mistake,don't be to hard on yourself! you are a wonderful designer,and a good person with a kind heart. Just remember what my granny always says
    " Things always look better in the morning, It just may take more than one"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 PM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Amy,

    You should feel good about yourself when you know you are the type of person to try to make it right. We all make mistakes. You are a truly wonderful person.

     

    Blogger Joy said ... (9:33 PM, January 27, 2007) : 

    Mistakes happen - you have corrected it - that's all you can do. It's great to know there are honest people in the world!

     

    Blogger Misty Cato said ... (2:12 AM, January 28, 2007) : 

    Amy - you've done everything you can to make it right. Take a deep breath, relax and give yourself a break. Hugs, Misty Cato

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:16 AM, January 28, 2007) : 

    These things can happen when you're in a hurry. Hopefully, you did realize before it was too late. Well sometimes, we just make so many things in the same time that's is easy to forget if you have designed it or just copy.
    I am sure that some of my own designs are quite the same as some million else that I might have seen on forums and blogs. But how to remember? Great painters were often copying or inspired by others designs, so why shouldn't we??

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM, January 28, 2007) : 

    So sorry to hear you are having a rough week. As for the template problem, well, you were alerted to the mistake, you apologised and you've taken all steps to put things right. Now stop beating yourself up about it!! You're only human and we all make mistakes. Go easy on yourself, and forgive as I believe you would on someone else who had made a genuine mistake!

    I dont know you but I know from what I've read on your blog that you would never do this on purpose.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM, January 28, 2007) : 

    We love you Amy!!!!

    Debra

     

    Blogger Melissa said ... (12:55 AM, January 29, 2007) : 

    Oh you poor thing!! But, you did everything you could to make it right and we still love you! *HUG*

     

    Blogger Sonia said ... (6:55 AM, January 31, 2007) : 

    Amy!! What more can I add, but ditto on all of the above. You didn't mean it... it was a mistake and you apologized :-) I did a stupid thing the other day, I'll share it with you. I downloaded a font( with no TOU) and used it on a template. I was telling a friend about this great font and when she dowloaded it( different site) she got a TOU!!!! OMG. After stressing my friend (who is an Angel) found the font for sale with a commercial license, and I purchased it. I did nothing wrong, but I felt so BAD. I wish I could remember which site I downloded it from so I could let them know the stress that they caused me. At the end of the day, we are only human and I'm sure if you were on the other end you would understand....so don't beat yourself up over this.

    Hugs Sonia

     

    Blogger Rachel said ... (10:36 PM, March 20, 2007) : 

    wow-you really beat yourself up for the small stuff dontcha?
    I could understand it if you maliciously "stole" someone else's work and attempted to pass it off as your own, but kicking yourself like that becasue you made a little boo-boo may be a little uncalled for. So, stop it, you make great stuff and everyone makes a little mistake now and then.

     

    post a comment