• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Tuesday, July 24, 2007

    I'm back!

    Hi there everyone! I finished Harry potter # 7 and it was awesome! I won't go into details because that's just mean but I am surprised how much I completely loved this book. I mean the whole series was great but the last one didn't thrill me so much. (I've decided to blame that on the fact that she wrote it while PG.) But this one was a page turner until the very end! Fabulous!

    I hope you all grabbed my Wizardry kit and then took lots of photos either of the book parties or of loved ones curled up in corners reading. My dadoo was at a swim meet this weekend and said that kids were everywhere reading in between events. And my big bro said at Amtguard Saturday whenever someone died they'd go to the sidelines and read while waiting for the next game to start. I love hearing these stories of when and where people are seen reading these books!

    I just put a pork roast into the oven for dinner. I've never done a pork roast before so I'll let you know how the family like it tomorrow, but it smells divine.

    It's been brought to my attention that I do overkill sometimes. I mean like Wizardry for example. It was supposed to be a mini kit and turned out fairly large. I do that all the time. Oh well it's just me.

    Oh the ASDR is going great. Cindy and I made a collab Lo for challenge #2, it's on the Super Scraps blog if you want to go take a peek. I think it turned out really great! And now we're onto challenge # 3 which is royalty LO or something. ( I need to go read it again.) But I figure that'll be easy with her royal highness around.

    And thanks to everyone who stopped by bingo on Friday, it was fun! Did you miss out on buying my stocking this weekend? Well here's what was in it: Jumpstarts 2008 calendar collection!
    It's got a 8.5x11 inch template for each month and has another template with the actual dates/grid portion for all 12 months of 2008. It comes in PSD, JPEG and individual PNG formats at 300 dpi. I figure it's a great way to get a Jumpstart on the new year and/or your Christmas shopping. (I made them 8.5x11 format in order to make it easier for everyone to print them out for use.)
    You can get it now in my shop!

    Let's find some freebies!
    Linda has a cool mini kit called Summer Frenzy.
    Julie O. has started giving out her new kit Feeling Wonderful.
    Kris has some Country Arrows on her blog.
    Amy F. has some neat cardboard elements up for grabs.
    Traci has a Beautiful Day CD QP album for you.
    Anita has finished off Foofaraw while I was MIA and started a lovely new kit Sweet Attitude!
    Janidee is back with more of her Sweet Baby Boy kit.
    Mrs. Miles has a set of Silver Deco elements up.
    Saab has a band-aid collection on her blog.
    Seebee's Freebies has a few more papers for the Dream trip kit.
    Misty has a new kit called High Impact and shared a sample with us!
    Acorn Designs has part 10 of Morning Glory up.
    Lindsay Jane has a template for you. (Scroll down if you missed her weekend freebies.)
    Anna has made a set of papers to honor Harry Potter called House Rules.
    (They'll go great with my kit too!)
    Fiffi has a neat kit called Olive Italia up.
    Scrapladies have a cute mini kit called Julia up for grabs. (Must go thru shop.)
    Newlife has a lovely kit named Envolee de Papillons
    Mooncatcher has an Image paper pack for you.
    Kim B. has an overlay, 3 papers and a tutorial on how to turn the first into the second all for you.
    (Kim also has a sampler of her Pretty Twisted kit HERE.)
    Kari Q. has a new kit called Thinking in Purple and a freebie for you!
    Fantacy has a cute kit called Mamaw's Revenge you can grab it HERE and HERE.
    Valerie has a Duct Tape border/frame on her blog.
    Danielle has kit Botanical Oasis for you, PAPERS and ELEMENTS.
    Remember to share the love!

    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "I'm back!"

     

    Blogger SAHM said ... (6:07 PM, July 24, 2007) : 

    Glad you finished. And yes, my son took a photo of me at the ballgame reading HP7. Need to get it off hubby's computer. :-) I was okay with HP6, but really disliked HP5 - which we nicknamed "Harry Potter Whiny." :-) Thanks for your list!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM, July 24, 2007) : 

    Hi Amers - What I didn't mention before about the HP book stuff was that the local TV station in Fresno had a number of live feeds from the big bookstores in the area. Lots of people were dressed up in costumes including a number of small people who should have been in bed (as should all of the swimmers who had partially read copies at the swim meet at 7 AM.)

    We are glad that you have returned to our world. Did Emma miss you while you were gone?

    Lots of Love to you and the family. Dadoo

     

    Blogger jburkhart said ... (10:04 PM, July 24, 2007) : 

    Hey Amy....so glad you were able to read your Harry Potter book....Kay started it on Sunday afternoon and she is just about done with it....she probably could have finished it on Monday...but she is taking her time to savor it - lol.....will have it finished tomorrow and then she wants to start it again! I took some pics of her opening up her Amazon.com package and pulling out her book...will have to scrap it using your great wizardy kit.....nah, you don't overkill!!!! LOL!
    Hugs and have a wonderful week!
    Michaele
    P.S. Your layouts for ADSR are looking great...1st weeks prizes went out....way KEWL!!!

     

    Blogger Delete said ... (10:04 PM, July 24, 2007) : 

    Wow! That was quick!

    I have a freebie kit and a quickpage that I am excited to share with you. It is called Savannah Swims and is at http://littleacornscds.blogspot.com/2007/07/wordless-wednesday-savannah-swims.html

    Thanks-
    Jenny

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 PM, July 24, 2007) : 

    Thank you for another group of freebies.

     

    Blogger TotallyD said ... (4:39 AM, July 25, 2007) : 

    Hi Amy, thnx for listing my image paper pack!!

    You all can read Harry Potter!! I have to wait untill november cause then It'll come out in dutch...tsss

    Greetings!!

     

    Blogger Kim B said ... (4:50 PM, July 25, 2007) : 

    Hee hee- I've just finished a book that has been sitting next to my bed since christmas! LOL- Oh goodness- think I'll get HP when I go on holiday so I can read it in "one sitting-weekend"-hahaha. Thanks for the great list and the mention.
    Hugs
    kim

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 PM, July 25, 2007) : 

    Just give a quick thought to the poorest French girl that will have to wait for the translation before she can read the last Harry Potter...
    BTW, great calendar templates :)
    Hugs, Sabine

     

    post a comment