• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Thursday, June 05, 2008

    Just call me slacker!

    Okay, so I'm a slacker as far as blogging goes. I'll admit it. However I've made good progress for the VBS and did some sewing this week. I'm not done with the craft prep for VBS but the church isn't open tomorrow so I'll have to stay home and blog/scrap instead- LOL! I can go back next week on Monday to finish up for the rest of the week too, so I'm not worried about crafts. I've been sewing like mad yesterday and today, probably tomorrow too. I've caught up on Emma sewing and made 4 dresses and now I'm working on making animals for decorations for VBS. I made a stuffed frog, but Emma claimed him for her own so I'll have to make another later. I'm also going to make a couple of Macaws and try to adapt the pattern to make a toucan. (I'm thinking leave the body the same but change the beak and with the black fabric instead of the red it'll be close enough.) Emma has already claimed one of the birds as hers. I have a monkey pattern too, but it looks harder and I don't know if I'll have time before Sunday to get it done. Plus it's a regular jungle monkey pattern and for VBS we're a howler monkey, so oh well.

    You'll all be delighted to know I got an A in the class that just ended. But starting Sunday I get Math and Computer applications- not my favorite subjects.

    Just wanted to pop on and let you all know where I've been. If you're nice I'll take some photos of our VBS rain forest decorations once they're up for you all to see. (You should see my very cool mushrooms!)

    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "Just call me slacker!"

     

    Blogger Kim B said ... (3:54 PM, June 05, 2008) : 

    OOOH AMERS- you sew?? YUGH, it's the one thing I DON'T have the patience for-LOL
    CONGRATS on the A!!- WOOT WOOT!
    just popped in to send you hugs

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM, June 05, 2008) : 

    Congratulations on the "A" in your latest course and good luck with the next ones!!
    You sound like one busy lady - I love to sew too - used to sew lots when my daughters were young. Now, I'm into digital stuff - like scrapping and I just can't believe how entertaining it is!!
    I like to visit your blog and look over your freebie list - might be something there I need!
    Looking forward to the photos of the rain forest.

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (5:49 PM, June 05, 2008) : 

    Good Afternoon Amy:)
    CONGRATULATIONS on your "A" !!!!!!!!!!! You go girl!!:) I disliked Math cause it disliked me when I was in school and I don't know if they had computers way back then or not.LOL You can look at my blog and see I don't know a lot about computer applications either.hehe I have no idea how to put a blinkie on my blog..and I have been given instructions by several people.I will just tell everyone to come see mine on your blog.LOL
    Can I send my sewing to you too?;)I took sewing in Junior High and it didn't like me either.hehe Can't wait to see all that work you have done.:) Oh if it were only possible to tap into some of your energy.!!! It would probably send my blood pressure sky high.LORL

    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:18 PM, June 05, 2008) : 

    Amers is a slacker! Amers is a slacker.

    OK, I hope you are happy now.

    Mom and I recovered enough from working the election precinct for 15 hours on Tuesday that we went over to Senior Center and played Duplicate Bridge Wednesday afternoon before I drove her to the final NCS meeting of the year. Boy, could we see a difference in the traffic caused by the slowing economy and $4+ gasoline. We drove right through the I-680 / Hwy 24 corridor without any slow downs at all.

    We are going over to Lodi tomorrow to work at a swim meet. If I get your mother moving soon enough, we will stop by in Fairfield and pick up another couple of copies of your birth certificate. LOL Getting your mother moving quickly, like that is going to happen.

    Give Emma our love and a couple hugs to everyone.

    Daddoo

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 PM, June 05, 2008) : 

    Good job on the A! You rock!! Thanks for all you do on your blog. :)

     

    Blogger Erika said ... (10:16 PM, June 05, 2008) : 

    Amy well done on your A, I hope you treat yourself to something for that. Don't be too worried about Math and Computer, you can do anything, just don't talk yourself into making it harder. Would love to see piccies of all the stuff you have sewn, when you have the time LOL.
    Best wishes,
    Erika

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 AM, June 06, 2008) : 

    Congrats on the A! Sewing too? Are you a mad woman? Who has the time for that? I don't think you do! You rock! Math - send me an email if you get stuck - I may be able to help you out(I am a Financial Planner by trade)!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM, June 06, 2008) : 

    YOU SEW???? How can you call yourself a slacker??? (I can sew or I can scrap or I can do nothing -- but I can't do both in the same week/month!) Do you have a sewing blog??? Enquiring minds need to know!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM, June 06, 2008) : 

    Gave you a thumbs up on stumbleupon :) Great job!!

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (7:22 PM, June 06, 2008) : 

    Your LOWWED to take some time down, tho I miss you vewwy vewwy much. I am sneaking a few moments to come say hi. My visit with the folks is going good. Love ya, Chika!

    ~B

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (6:23 AM, June 07, 2008) : 

    I want pictures! Those critters sound adorable! Please share!

     

    Blogger Kim B said ... (3:01 PM, June 09, 2008) : 

    Just popping on to see if you ok and to send some LOVE.

    HUGS from WAY down here in chilly SA-LOL

    MWAH

     

    post a comment