• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Wednesday, July 16, 2008

    Hi there kiddos!

    Well sometimes I hate when my hubby is off work. He had a 4 day weekend (Sat-Tues) and while it means he's more willing to do family stuff, like go to the zoo, he also hogs the computer. So in the past 3 days I've had almost no computer time. Sigh. I only had half an hour yesterday until everyone went to bed (Can you say after 11 pm?). Well it's mine now, MINE! I've been looking into vacation options for both this year and next. This fall on my break from school we're planning to visit my folks in California, so I've been playing with dates. Then next fall (2009) we're considering a Disney World/Disney Cruise week of fun. I like the combo packages because they're really affordable. I mean for our family of 3 it looks like about $5000 including air, hotel, park hopper pass, cruise and ground transport everywhere. That's pretty sweet. We'd have to cover food while at the park and souvenirs, but if we're frugal we could do it. If my hubby likes the plan (we've been discussing the possibility for about a year now) I drew up we'll even share it with friends and family so they can book to join us either at the park, cruise or both. I think it'll be fun! I just hope the food is good on the cruise. Last cruise I took with hubby he said it was worse than what we got aboard the Roosevelt, and that's saying something. (Sad part was I kind-of agreed. Except the fresh fruit. and even that wasn't stellar.)

    Ok, so that was my last few days. How was everyone's weekends? Any more ideas about the DPS templates or what freebie you want on Friday? I have an idea for a template but you all could still vote for a mini kit, element pack or paper pack.

    Now then let me say I have always admired the digital scrap community and it's willingness to help and give away freebies. I never thought I'd find a group as wonderful, funny and kind as you all. And well I was wrong. I'm pleased to say the online/e-book romance community is just as fun and giveaway happy as we are. They are evil though just like us. Instead of giving out a sampler or add-on to a kit, they give you excerpts of books, free short stories and a million online contests to win free books. Evil I tell you. And since I couldn't write my way out of a wet paper bag it's not like scrapping where I can make my own, I have to read/buy these books because they're wonderful. There goes all my mad money!

    *Also 2 big slaes of note right now. DigiByDesign has their Mid-Month Madness $0.98 sale on right now, 121 products all under a buck each, and all good stuff (3- $2 grab bags as well!).

    Specifically check out Manu's killer CU products! I really like these 3 but she has some cool overlays and others as well! (Previews are clickable.)



    And Divine Digitals has Christmas in July with 33 Grab Bags (personal and commercial) for various prices (I see from $2-6). And some of them are even revealed at the Strictly Reveal blog.

    Okay now let's go find some freebies!
    Rina has a pretty Just For Fun bragbook QP up.
    Janna has a template on her blog.
    Kristin has a lovely photo frame cluster from her Fresh Cut kit.
    Mrs. Miles has a slew of cool QPs with her Peppermint and Polka Dots kit.
    Kim B.'s CT has a cluster frame and a QP for you with her new Softly Sweet kit. (Gorgeous kit BTW!)
    Flergs has her part of the Mango Tango MK up for grabs.
    (Click HERE for all the MK links, 24 designers.)
    Farheen has a pretty QP on her blog.
    JenJen Designs has a daily DL kit called Backyard Cookout and all 3 parts are still up!
    Jill has a fabulous sampler of her new Gotta Grab Its for you.
    Princess Pam of course has lots of new ABC goodies for us!
    Polkadot Pixels has a set of Sk8er Papers up for grabs.
    Heidi has a cute Fireworks mini.
    Yin has a neat-o DPS template.
    Tracey has a Camping Kids sampler, too cute!
    Trish has a sweet template on her blog.
    Retrodiva has a gorgeous Film Star collection up for grabs.
    Cen has her Paper Machine Paper Pack #2 up.
    Leslie has a cute set of Date It Tags.
    Angela has a Jurassic Art sampler for you.
    Doreen has some all purpose desktop QPs up for grabs.
    Maria has a Beach Blanket freebie up.
    RetroDiva has another one called Pursuit of Happiness for you.
    Seebee's Freebies has a cool CIJ frame/tag. (List of other CIJ freebies on her blog too!)
    Bethany has a darling beaded word art about Fmaily Happiness.
    Joy has a cute Home word art (coordinates with Bethany's)
    and if you scroll down an Independence Day mini.
    Remember to leave these wonderful designers a little love when you DL.
    ("Love" is also know as praise, thanks and/or gratitude for all their hard work and generosity.)

    Happy Scrapping, and stop back Friday for your freebie!

    Comments on "Hi there kiddos!"

     

    Blogger virginiajen said ... (1:09 AM, July 18, 2008) : 

    Hi Amy! Thanks for listing all the great freebies!

    i have a freebie on my blog called Summer Sundress...it's 5 parts...do you want to list it?

    check it out at jenuineartistry.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 AM, August 09, 2008) : 

    Hi I know you dont' know me but just wanted to tell you I took a disney cruise a couple of years ago and it was awsome... can't even really describe it.... so good luck and have a great time.. Chris Hamilton

     

    post a comment