• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Tuesday, July 08, 2008

    Hi-di-ho there campers!

    Well it's the last week of class. I'm off next week so I'll have plenty of time for you all. We've been hit with lots of thunder storms this week so Emma and I have been exploring the wonderful world of board games.

    What free time I've been on the computer has been spent trying to win a contest. My favorite author Shelly Munro (Love this woman!) pointed me in the direction of AuthorIsland.com that's giving away two Kindles! Whoo-hoo I said. One of my biggest problems with e-books is having to sit at the computer to read them (I so need a laptop, but I digress.) and here they're giving away 2 e-book readers for free! It's well worth the try. And they're evil about it to because you have to answer these questions correctly about the various authors and you get glimpses of all their books and now my wish list has tripled! Darn them! Good thing they're also doing a book a day drawing as well as win a autographed book a week for a year contest. But alas I'm only half way through the question list and it's already taken me close to 3 hours! (You have to read experts of their of their books to find a lot of the answers, truly evil.) My wish list might be longer but a lot of them are into the whole vampire type romance/erotic novels that just don't interest me. Which is odd because I like sci-fi/fantasy romance best but not vampires... who knew. So that's my reason for being MIA. It's not a great one but it's the truth and that's what matters most.

    I hope you all had wonderful holiday weekends! Or just a great weekend if you don't live in the US. Well maybe I'll try back tomorrow for a list, but I make no promises.

    Happy Scrapping Campers!

    Comments on "Hi-di-ho there campers!"

     

    Blogger Shelley Munro said ... (4:31 PM, July 09, 2008) : 

    Hi Amy,

    LOL - I hear you about vampires. I've read a few but I'm very picky. Check out the guest at my blog today. She's giving away a copy of her book. It's Teen Fiction and I really enjoyed it. I've been reading quite a bit of teen fiction this year.

    Hugs,
    Shelley

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM, July 09, 2008) : 

    Poor Amers - We are so sorry that Emma behaved today like you used to do for us when you were little. Grandchildren are revenge for what our children used to do. LOL

    Glad I was able to let you vent so that Emma gets to live to see another day.

    Lots of Love and a bunch of Hugs.

    Daddoo

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (11:46 AM, July 10, 2008) : 

    Too funny - I was going to blog about my 'good reads' too! We're on the same 'plain' gurl. I hope you enjoy. I miss ya. I'm savoring the few moments we DID get to visit.

     

    post a comment