• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Saturday, October 18, 2008

    Sorry, I'm still MIA

    Thank you very much to everyone who's written to me and offered me some CU goodies! You all make me smile. It turns out that it's actually the motherboard in our old computer and not the hard drive. So once we get it up and running again I should get everything back. Whew! Sadly we had bought a new board but it was refurbished (and not done well) so it started off with a few faults, then a few more and then the whole thing crashed. Beyond what our original one did because the old one still turns on but gives us the failure codes where as the new one just cascaded into a snafu of deadness. So we'll be sending that one back (which is covered as it's been less than 10 days) but sadly I'm still without my desktop and all those wonderful files of mine. Or even my Phototshop, so no Halloween goodies yet or even the fall one I had almost finished. (Sigh.) All I've been doing really is homework. I''m not used to the laptop and don't know if I like it or not yet. I'll let you all know as soon as we're up and running again here in the Watson household but until then I'll probably be scarce as it just makes me sad to look at all these scrap goodies and such when I can't do them myself. (I miss my e-book collection too!)

    On the upside I've caught up on some sewing and Emma's birthday party plans are coming together nicely. I found this really neat cupcake-cake that looks like a corcodile and since her party will be Peter Pan/Neverland (she couldn't decide between fairies and pirates) he can be Tick-Tock the crocodile. I know some people are down on the cupcake-cakes, and I have been of the few I've seen as well, but this one looks really cool. I like them if you can easily see the individual cupcakes and still look like a really cool larger cake. I don't like the ones where they just put overly frosted cupcakes really close together and decorate it like a normal cake (You can't see the individual cupcakes as the frosting all runs together.).

    Oh and we went on the hayride at the pumpkin patch today with the MOMs club. I took some great shots but sadly have no clue where the cord is to upload from my camera. It's here somewhere I'm sure, when I find it I'll see what I can do for posting some vacation and pumpkin photos but without PS they'll be the raw shots so who knows how they'll look.

    Happy scrapping to all you with functioning computers!

    Comments on "Sorry, I'm still MIA"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM, October 18, 2008) : 

    You lost the motherboard too? I hope you can find a new one for yours. Sadly, mine is an old Pentium 4, so they no longer make motherboards for it. Right now I'm using a friend's CPU. Still, I miss my 'puter.

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (10:23 AM, October 20, 2008) : 

    So sad bout your puter, my friend. And I miss you SO much. If EVER you can chat let me know. I'll be there if at all possible.

    I keep waiting for photos and photos of your trip ;)

    I'm in envy of your sewing talent, thats one I just don't have.

    Will we see cake pics? Pumpkin patch photos?

    Hope you have some happy and productive days!

    Love,
    Barb

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (11:03 AM, October 20, 2008) : 

    Good Morning Amy:)
    I am soo glad you didn't lose all your stuff.I bet you took a deep sigh of relief.:)
    I will be looking forward to those pics:)Hope you find the cord to your camera.!!!
    Have a fantastic day!Enjoy that time away from the puter..it will be back to the fast pace in no time.hehe

    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Blogger Shelley Munro said ... (3:27 PM, October 20, 2008) : 

    Hi Amy,

    I think a cupcake cake is a great idea, especially for a kid's birthday cake and making a crocodile. Actually, I have a fascination with cupcakes at the moment. They're just so cute. :)

    You have my sympathies with your computer problems!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM, October 20, 2008) : 

    Crocodile cake!!!!

    Mwah-hah-hah-hah!!!

    It appears I will be at my niece's b-day party at least in spirit . . .

     

    post a comment