• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Wednesday, October 22, 2008

    Waaahhhhhhh!

    3 days of Dell computer support and I'm ready to hurt someone. All I'm trying to do is exchange the mother board they sent me for a new one, but they make me go through technical support each time, then when they confirm I need to exchange the board they sent and I'm supposed to get connected to the right people their flipping automated phone system disconnects me. So I have to start all over again. Today I found a helpful guy at tech support who was like why are you back again? He made sure he talked to the guy at customer care for the exchange before he hung up with me, Thanks Marc! Then the very nice David helped me with placing the order for a new board... too bad they're on back order- ARGH! Not his fault, but I wonder if I had been connected on Monday if I could have still gotten one? Sigh. Then I got transfered to the guy to do my return and refund portion of the transaction, and no I didn't get hung up on. However, the stupid system that's supposed to give out the return numbers and give the shipping labels (prepaid) to email to me wasn't working so he was going to have to call his IT guy to see what was up and wanted me to call back later. ARGH! SO here I am 3 days later with no return number and an item on backorder. I think I might just have an Office Space moment with my computer. then again I want all my lovely scrapping stuff back so maybe not. But seriously people, you sent us a bad board, then the right one is on back order and you won't let me send this one back? WTF?!

    Okay that was the very frustrated Amy vent on the Dell computer customer service. The people I talked to today (in the later half of my hour and a hlf phone call) were very nice. It's just frustrating that I had to go through so many loops and so many hang-ups to get there. Sigh. End result I still miss my computer. Yes, I know I probably could have gone to an actual repair guy and paid three times as much to get it done quickly, but what good is it being married to an electronics tech if we can't save a few bucks on computer repair I ask you. Just wish he had the inside track on refirbished Dell computer parts is all.

    Halloween is almost here. We bought Emma a Buzz Lightyear costume at the Disney store when we were in California. Mind you she requested this over all the Princess, Mickey, Donald, Pooh and Pirate costumes in there. She has now consistantly wanted to change it but we keep telling her she picked it so she's stuck with it. Mind you I could easily make her a witch too sonce she has a pair of black and orang striped tights, a black skirt, a million black halloween shirts, a witches hat and even a orange and black broom from the dollar tree but I'm stickig to my guns. SHe picked it out, daddy shelled out the money and so it's what she's going to be. I just wish I had the $60 for the really sweet pirate costume I saw for me. I'm sick of rotating the same 3 costume every year, I want something new. Sadly I'm out of money after our vacation.

    Thanks to everyone for their nice comments as I go through scrapping withdrawal. I do have a sketchbook full of doodles now, we'll see what they translate into once I have PS back! I especially got a kick over my big brother stopping by. Have a lovely week everyone!

    Happy Scrapping!

    Comments on "Waaahhhhhhh!"

     

    Blogger Shelley Munro said ... (3:28 AM, October 24, 2008) : 

    Amy - I feel your pain! Hopefully things will get sorted soon for you, meanwhile I'm sending a a cyber hug.

    I'm sure Emma will make a darling Buzz Lightyear. We don't really do Halloween in NZ. I feel as if I miss out big time!

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (10:31 AM, October 24, 2008) : 

    I miss you. I personally have heard a nice comment about the Dell service perhaps once in my life - the rest has been so negative I've never ever considered dealing with Dell. So sorry. If you don't believe me check out the following site:

    http://www.grohol.com/computers/dell.htm

    anywayyyyyyysssss, I'm sure thats the last thing in the world you wan to hear my freind, but perhaps you might glean some info on how to get results with the help there.

    I wish I had bazillions, I'd buy you a new computer (a toshiba, for instance) and a new house to go with it ... and a plane so we could visit each other fast.

    hugs to you, Em and that man!

    Muah,
    Barbs

     

    Blogger VJ's Scrap Room said ... (2:22 PM, October 24, 2008) : 

    Good Afternoon Amy:)
    How frustrating..I am sure.!! :( I hope you get the new motherboard really soon.:)
    I can't wait to see pics of Emma in her "witches" outfit.LOL JK. I bet she will look so cute as Buzz Lightyear.To infinity and beyond!!!:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

     

    Blogger Kim B said ... (3:42 PM, October 27, 2008) : 

    OOH girl, I HATE those computer *push number one for this and number two for that*- and then you get through to the wrong section and it's bam- try again! I can just see you pulling your hair out- LOL. I've actually got so frustrated the one day I threw the phone into the garden! BWAHAHAHAH- yup, laid back me- Nathan ran to his room to hide! LOL ( oh and that was to get a REPLACEMENT cell phone that wasn't working-hahaha)

    Hope you get it sorted SOON- cause we do miss ya!

    Sending hugs to you and the family
    MWAH

     

    Blogger KcsBrat said ... (2:53 AM, October 28, 2008) : 

    You have my total sympathy.. My Pc is i Tx and i am in oklahoma.. It is a gateway and still under warranty but i had to pay shipping to texas so it stayed here for four days till I got paid... It needs a MB and a new Power supply as we blew 3 in 3 days ...They said 7-10 days to be back in my hand.. we are on day 4 and I am losing my mind... I wanna scrap somebody not Something right now so the kids are staying away from mom at the moment and dad aint getting to close either.. LOL

    I feel yr pain OMG I feel yr pain..
    hugs kc

     

    Blogger Being Mrs Miles said ... (10:54 AM, October 29, 2008) : 

    Maybe if I award you you'll come back to me.

    ya,ya.

    I did award ya.

    come to my place LOL!

    Miss you fiercely.

     

    Blogger elnorac said ... (8:25 PM, October 30, 2008) : 

    Thanks for the lovely grab bag!

    You have my total empathy vis a vis Dell's tech support! No wonder they're losing market share. My last call to them was a many-hour nightmare, too. My old only-buy-a-Dell attitude has officially gone out the window. Sorry your situation still isn't resolved. Aaargh.

     

    post a comment